Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi APR Lowered

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Citi APR Lowered

so I realized alot of people been getting APR reductions from Citi lately. I just got off the fone with CS, they had no offer available for my Prestige so I got transferred over to retentions. The lady offered to lower my APR to 9.99% unfortunately it's a promotional rate only good for 12 months (current APR is 13.74%). Really wish it was permanent tho

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi APR Lowered

just curious, why does the APR matter if you pay the balance every month?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its just like chasing larger credit lines. Yes, there is a FICO score reason to obtain higher limits-to a point-but most here get nowhere near their available credit (which is a good thing). Its all part of the game. For me, I have built an impressive credit history and I like to be rewarded for it. If there are lower APRs available, I believe that I should have it. Do I feel entitled? To a point maybe, but really it is just part of the credit game. Plus, you never know when you might need to revolve a balance for a month or so. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its just like chasing larger credit lines. Yes, there is a FICO score reason to obtain higher limits-to a point-but most here get nowhere near their available credit (which is a good thing). Its all part of the game. For me, I have built an impressive credit history and I like to be rewarded for it. If there are lower APRs available, I believe that I should have it. Do I feel entitled? To a point maybe, but really it is just part of the credit game. Plus, you never know when you might need to revolve a balance for a month or so. 

Fair enough. i was just asking out of sheer curiosity as I don't really care at all what my interest rates are, if they are not 0%, but that does make sense if you're wanting it for personal reasons like that.

In my own case, I try to just keep a 0% BT offer, or new 0% card floating around for emergencies, since it has become obvious to me that rewards cards seem to go hand in hand with 15% or higher APRs even with a pretty strong profile.

Message 4 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous and thank you @Anonymous. You clarified exactly what I wanted to articulate.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.