Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AR twice in two weeks....??

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Citi AR twice in two weeks....??

Is this normal? Or the result of my new Barclays Arrival appearing on 05/27?  Citi worried ?

Citi_AR.jpg

What do you think?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AR twice in two weeks....??

@lg8302ch wrote:

Is this normal? Or the result of my new Barclays Arrival appearing on 05/27?  Citi worried ?

Citi_AR.jpg

What do you think?

Citi is like AMEX, they keep an eye on you everytime you apply for credit, get a new account or pretty much anytime there is a major change in your credit report. I recently applied for 2 Chase, 1 US bank and AMEX in the last 2 months and everytime i had an AR from Citi and AMEX the next day following the INQs. Especially if your account is new with them.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Citi is like AMEX, they keep an eye on you everytime you apply for credit, get a new account or pretty much anytime there is a major change in your credit report. I recently applied for 2 Chase, 1 US bank and AMEX in the last 2 months and everytime i had an AR from Citi and AMEX the next day following the INQs. Especially if your account is new with them.

Oh..thanks for this explanation. The first AR was due to the new Barclays Arrival then which appeared on 05/27 on my reports as new account and on 06/13 Chase did two  unauthorized pulls and this would explain the second AR on 06/14. Just keep my fingers crossed that no AA for the unauthorized Chase pulls that will get taken off my reports in the next 30-60 days. Was not aware that it could alert other lenders intantly - Good explanation 

Message 3 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

All pretty standard practice after a new account or inquiry.  It's an automatic alert service they subscribe to.

Message 4 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

All pretty standard practice after a new account or inquiry.  It's an automatic alert service they subscribe to.

Thanks. Is there a monitoring service that will display the SP of all the CRA's?  And that does not cost a fortune. Monthly pulls would be perfect. Any idea? I find it quite interesting to access this info too.

Message 5 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Thanks. Is there a monitoring service that will display the SP of all the CRA's?  And that does not cost a fortune. Monthly pulls would be perfect. Any idea? I find it quite interesting to access this info too.

Edited to remove content that violates TOS.

Shogun, myFICO moderator

Message 6 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ open123

Tried the denial of credit with Experian after the unauthorized pull from Chase but was given the answer as "invalid..." do not recall the full phrasing and assumed if you have a relationship with a lender this will not work. Might try the dispute option but hope you can view the report before acutally disputing. Since Chase promised to remove the pull I do not want to dispute it.  But of course would love to check if the HP will ever get removed and if possible without paying for this. My free reports from annualcreditreport.com I have used for this year already Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.