Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AU Question and Credit Reporting.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AU Question and Credit Reporting.

I am trying to help my girlfriend get her credit started and was wondering if I added her as an AU to my citi account would it go on her credit report?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AU Question and Credit Reporting.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

but whenever i go to add an AU, it only asks for their name and not a social security number, so how does it go on her credit? lol

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

but whenever i go to add an AU, it only asks for their name and not a social security number, so how does it go on her credit? lol

I added my children on mine and they did not ask their SSN I think ... at least you and your DGF have to have same mailing/billing address.   I haven't told my children that they are on mine, and has not pulled CR under their name yet.  So, I will find out it when they pull their CR.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I couldn't pull my 20 yrs old child's CR through Credit Karma somehow.   Not sure it has to be 21 and over or not.

Anyway, I just added my friend online and it only asked Name.    I called Citi and first young female rep I spoke told me they don't report on AU.  Then I call back and spoke with older male rep, and he told me if I update the information they will report on AU.  So, I provided my friend's SSN.   We will find it out on next CR.

Message 5 of 7
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I added my wife as AU to my Plat. Select at application time. They did not ask for SS#. They report her to all 3 bureau's.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do report AU on CRs. I am an AU on my mom's citibank card and it reports to all 3 CBs.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.