Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Aadvantage Select Reports Limit!

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

Citi Aadvantage Select Reports Limit!

My Citi Select Aadvantage card (the amex version) is showing a limit despite being a flexible spending account. I'm kind of glad actually! I just wanted to share this info. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Aadvantage Select Reports Limit!

@mahendra82 wrote:

My Citi Select Aadvantage card (the amex version) is showing a limit despite being a flexible spending account. I'm kind of glad actually! I just wanted to share this info. 

Is it not normal for that type of card to not report the credit limit?  I was thinking only Visa Signature and Charge cards do not report credit limits.   I'm glad it worked out for you.  Congrats!

Message 2 of 6
mahendra82
Contributor

Re: Citi Aadvantage Select Reports Limit!as un

I was under the impression that it doesn't report the limit since it doesn't have a pre-set spending limit. Good to know that these type of cards always report limits. Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

I was under the impression that it doesn't report the limit since it doesn't have a pre-set spending limit. Good to know that these type of cards always report limits. Thanks for the info.

Actually, the CORRECT way to report no pre-set spending limit CC is NOT reporting limits, as if you would report a charge card.

Besides Citi and few other lenders that report limits on their cards, most lenders do NOT report limits on their NPSL card.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else have the AMEX Aadvantage CITI card and have any experience as to what they report? I was just approved ,and am curious.

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 6
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone else have the AMEX Aadvantage CITI card and have any experience as to what they report? I was just approved ,and am curious.

Thanks!!

I have the AMEX Aadvantage CITI card and the MasterCard Gold Aadvantage CITI card. Last year at the beginning of credit repair,  I came to realize one of the things holding me back were that these two cards did not report their limits (10k and 7k respectively) to the CRA's. I called CITI several times to ask if they could somehow report my limits to the CRA's, Master said no way and AMEX said maybe they could write a letter for me to send to the CRA's blah blah blah...  It was very discouraging and I went on to different issues in my CR. Fast forward 6 months or so and I pull a report and BOOM both are showing a CL!!! I don't really know why, if it was my phone calls or a new policy by CITI or??? All I know my reports don't say "low credit limits" anymore. Good luck with your new card and I hope that this info helps!!!

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.