Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Account Restricted

tag
cottontop
Contributor

Citi Account Restricted

Last Spring, I applied for an AAdvantage account with Citi. I had an old AT&T Universal since 1995.  New application was denied because my current account was restricted.  After many phone calls to rention, SDakota offices, Presidential response, with no answer as to why my current account was restricted, the retention finally just converted my AT&T to AAdvantage and upped the CL and made it a World Mastercard.  I hoped that solved the problem.

Not so, Last week apped for a new Citi TY Card.  Denied.  Got letter today.  Only reason: Current account restricted.  Well, I had just gotten a SP CLI on that account last week as well, so I was kind of baffeled.  Started in calling, retention, Presidential, ect.  Finally told to call the number on back of the current card and ask them why it was restricted.  Well, the Citi AAdvantage rep couldn't see anything wrong with the account, but offered to call applications back (the first dept I spoke to) and see if it was something he could straighten out.  Very rude CSR put me on hold for 10 min, then came on line and said that with Supervisor override, they were able to approve the account for $12,900.

I've seen a couple of threads on here and CB about restricted accounts, and no one ever gets a good answer from Citi.  However, maybe this is the solution.  After getting the denial letter, call CSR on back of current account (the "restricted" one) and ask for their assistance with the application.  It worked for me.

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Account Restricted

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Account Restricted

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the information. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.