cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi American Airline cards new signup bonuses?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi American Airline cards new signup bonuses?

@OP although if you check the prequalified tool it pulls or it should pull up the 50k offer.

Message 41 of 43
red259
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I just noticed they nerfed all of their cards bonuses with the the gold being hit the less. 

Citi Plat AA 30,000 points after spending $1,000 / Was 50,000 points after spending $3,000 ( the one I got)

Citi AA executive 50,000 points after $5,000 spending/ Was I believe 70,000 points after $5,000

Citi Business same as the Citi Plat

Citi Gold AA: 25,000 points after spending $750/ 30,000 points after spending $750

Nowhere on the direct citi website said it was a limited time offer but just seems they nerfed the bonuses by quite a lot. Happy I got my AA plat card when I did because I got it for the 50,000 points. Between the bonus AA miles plus the 5,000 miles I have with Jetblue I can take a decent vacation for cheap after my semester ends in July. Sucks that they nerfed it seems. Wondering would it be worth it to even get the AA plat and just get the Gold now though? Unless you really desire group 1 boarding and one checked in bag.

Dunno what to tell you. It was widely reported that the bonuses were going to be changed on the AA cards. I'm sure there will be higher signups at some point in the future. I do recall seeing last week that there were still some links that were offering the higher signups, but since I decided not to app I don't recall where they are. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 42 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I just noticed they nerfed all of their cards bonuses with the the gold being hit the less. 

Citi Plat AA 30,000 points after spending $1,000 / Was 50,000 points after spending $3,000 ( the one I got)

Citi AA executive 50,000 points after $5,000 spending/ Was I believe 70,000 points after $5,000

Citi Business same as the Citi Plat

Citi Gold AA: 25,000 points after spending $750/ 30,000 points after spending $750

Nowhere on the direct citi website said it was a limited time offer but just seems they nerfed the bonuses by quite a lot. Happy I got my AA plat card when I did because I got it for the 50,000 points. Between the bonus AA miles plus the 5,000 miles I have with Jetblue I can take a decent vacation for cheap after my semester ends in July. Sucks that they nerfed it seems. Wondering would it be worth it to even get the AA plat and just get the Gold now though? Unless you really desire group 1 boarding and one checked in bag.

Dunno what to tell you. It was widely reported that the bonuses were going to be changed on the AA cards. I'm sure there will be higher signups at some point in the future. I do recall seeing last week that there were still some links that were offering the higher signups, but since I decided not to app I don't recall where they are. 

Pretty much!  I think we're beating a dead horse now Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.