16 REPLIES 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi American Airlines Executive Card: 75,000 Miles Bonus

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is matching the 75k bonus for people who get the Platinum Select card, just send a secure message requesting the match. Both myself and my parent were able to get it matched. YMMV but it's a lot cheaper of an option!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

LINK: 

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/Travel/AA/2017/May/GA/Exec/50k/default.htm?BTData=Ohg.B.gAB4f.J.BrD.S...

So it doesn't give you a travel credit?  Wouldn't the Citi Prestige 75k offer be a better deal as you also get a 250 travel credit and better point earning?  

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi is matching the 75k bonus for people who get the Platinum Select card, just send a secure message requesting the match. Both myself and my parent were able to get it matched. YMMV but it's a lot cheaper of an option!

Is there an offer for 75k for the Platinum Select or do you just say the Executive gets 75k offer can I have that offer too on my Platinum.  So that would require going from 3k spend to 7500 dollar spend?

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there an offer for 75k for the Platinum Select or do you just say the Executive gets 75k offer can I have that offer too on my Platinum.  So that would require going from 3k spend to 7500 dollar spend?

Read my post about it here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PSA-PSA-AA-Card-75k-bonus-miles/m-p/4997826#M1460374

You do not have to spend the $7500 either just the $3k. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Read my post about it here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PSA-PSA-AA-Card-75k-bonus-miles/m-p/4997826#M1460374

You do not have to spend the $7500 either just the $3k. 

Mabye the CSR made a mistake and gave you the points in error.  I will give it a try once my card arrives.  Thanks for the heads-up.  

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was not likely a mistake, it went to two different people. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh good to know thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

It was not likely a mistake, it went to two different people. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to try that as well.  Just activated 2nd AA card a few days ago.  Extra 15K miles would be nice.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.