cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi American Airlines/ Thank you Premier.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Citi American Airlines/ Thank you Premier.

Called Citibank after my annual fee hit my account on my American Airlines executive card.  I asked customer service representative if she could see any offers available on my account she said no but she transferred me to the retention department.    Where I spoke to a lovely customer service representative that gave me opportunity to take it vantage of three different offers. 

First offer was spent $1500 for the next seven months and get a $50 statement credit  up to $350  in statement credit  

Second offer was to spend $5000 over the next 90 days and receive 15,000 American airline miles. 

Third offer was spend $1000 a month for the next 16 months and receive an additional 1000 American airline miles.

They also lowered my APR my American Airlines executive card from 14.79% to 14.49% 

7FB2F99A-0EEB-4C40-BF53-B323A8E7D9A2.png

CC56E823-39DB-44AC-BC71-D2A08C9CC7A8.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi American Airlines/ Thank you Premier.

Those are some pretty cool offers. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking they were all pretty bad. I would just cancel when mine comes due if those are the offers.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking they were all pretty bad. I would just cancel when mine comes due if those are the offers.  

I should’ve clarified. I meant cool as in the first phone call resulted in no offers and the second resulted in three offers. The first of which is effectively 3% back with statement credit for a card that normally only earns 1 point per non-AA spend.  

But valid point. The sooner you close the sooner you can reapply for a fresh SUB. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.