cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi American Airlines/ Thank you Premier.

Senior Contributor

Citi American Airlines/ Thank you Premier.

Called Citibank after my annual fee hit my account on my American Airlines executive card.  I asked customer service representative if she could see any offers available on my account she said no but she transferred me to the retention department.    Where I spoke to a lovely customer service representative that gave me opportunity to take it vantage of three different offers. 

First offer was spent $1500 for the next seven months and get a $50 statement credit  up to $350  in statement credit  

Second offer was to spend $5000 over the next 90 days and receive 15,000 American airline miles. 

Third offer was spend $1000 a month for the next 16 months and receive an additional 1000 American airline miles.

They also lowered my APR my American Airlines executive card from 14.79% to 14.49% 

7FB2F99A-0EEB-4C40-BF53-B323A8E7D9A2.png

CC56E823-39DB-44AC-BC71-D2A08C9CC7A8.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi American Airlines/ Thank you Premier.

Those are some pretty cool offers. 

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8
Message 2 of 4
Valued Contributor

@4theLoveofPoints wrote:

I was thinking they were all pretty bad. I would just cancel when mine comes due if those are the offers.  

BOA Premium Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX Ameriprise Platinum, AMEX SPG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Hyatt, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Chase Marriott Business, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, Barclay Aviator Business, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards, Citi Thank You Premier, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.

Former Cards: Lendup L Card, Bank of America Cash Rewards, Capital One Quicksilver
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@frogman1 wrote:

@4theLoveofPoints wrote:

I was thinking they were all pretty bad. I would just cancel when mine comes due if those are the offers.  

I should’ve clarified. I meant cool as in the first phone call resulted in no offers and the second resulted in three offers. The first of which is effectively 3% back with statement credit for a card that normally only earns 1 point per non-AA spend.  

But valid point. The sooner you close the sooner you can reapply for a fresh SUB. 

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8
Message 4 of 4