cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Announces U.S. Credit Card Agreement with Best Buy - NO MORE Crap One!!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Citi Announces U.S. Credit Card Agreement with Best Buy - NO MORE Crap One!!

Citigroup will enter into a strategic agreement with Best Buy to issue and manage Best Buy-branded cards in the United States. In addition, Citi also reached an agreement with Capital One Financial Corp. to acquire approximately $7 billion of Best Buy private label and co-branded card loans.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/citi-announces-us-credit-card-agreement-with-best-buy-2013-02-19

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Announces U.S. Credit Card Agreement with Best Buy - NO MORE Crap One!!

@WhiteCollar wrote:

Citigroup will enter into a strategic agreement with Best Buy to issue and manage Best Buy-branded cards in the United States. In addition, Citi also reached an agreement with Capital One Financial Corp. to acquire approximately $7 billion of Best Buy private label and co-branded card loans.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/citi-announces-us-credit-card-agreement-with-best-buy-2013-02-19

Wow this card went from Chase to HSBC to Capital 1 and now to Citi, its really moving around a lot

Message 2 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Announces U.S. Credit Card Agreement with Best Buy - NO MORE Crap One!!

Message 3 of 20
lithium78
Established Contributor

Nice!  Citi would look a lot better on my credit report than CapOne.  I wonder if Citi believes in CLIs?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

When is this supposed to be in effect?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Expected to close 3Q

Message 6 of 20
toppers555
Established Contributor

So perhaps I will not close this card in April. Now...

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 7 of 20
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Don't get your hopes up. When HSBC sold to Capital One nothing changed and i doubt it will with Citi. 

Message 8 of 20
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

Don't get your hopes up. When HSBC sold to Capital One nothing changed and i doubt it will with Citi. 

my HSBC/BBY closed and new account opened under CAP1/BBY

read it wrong but who knows cap1/hsbc arent the greast cards any ways maybe citi will caugh caugh help!?!?!

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 9 of 20
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hmmm it would be even better! if GE took over the best buy cards!! JUST IMAGINE, yes buuuuut Citi isnt that bad, way more beter than HSBC and Capital One.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.