cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Autopay (Minimum)... am I crazy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Autopay (Minimum)... am I crazy?

Set the autopay for statement balance. Problem solved.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Set the autopay for statement balance.  Problem solved.

That's fine until you have a month with unplanned expenses, or traveling, running the statement balance up higher than your checking account balance, then the autopay "fires" and causes an overdraft.

I actually started a thread about this, that issuers should allow a maximum payment amount to be set when autopaying on statement or current balance.

I don't use autopay for this reason.  I usually PIF my cards, but I time the payments to fit both my (biweekly) pay schedule and my needs at the time... pay before statement cut for FICO purposes, or PIF before due date, pay early to free up the limit, or carry part of a balance if it's too high to pay all at once.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Circling back on this one... the 'miniumum payments' never actually posted to my account.  Looks like I saw them in a pending status and they were canceled without my intervention.  So... this whole thing was much about nothing.  I still think their newish minumum payment policy is needlessly complex (and stupid...).  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.