Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi BT Dilemma

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Citi BT Dilemma

I have a Citi Platinum Card I opened in July.  The CL is $4000.  I have a 0% BT offer that I can use by 4/2010.  I am wanting to xfer my last $5000 car loan balance to the card.   Is it likely for me to get a significant CLI by 12/09? 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi BT Dilemma

You may not get any luv from Citi,  I got a Diamond Preffered last October with a 6,800 limit, Wednesday I hit the luv button asking for a 3200 CLI,,,  Citi DENIED my request citing "too many new accounts" !!??

This morning I got an Experain alert telling me  Citi pulled a HARD on Experian for my effort,  

Thanks Citi !!!

I quite wrongly assumed that would be a soft??   I got a 2,500 CLI from Penfed last month and it didn't cost me a hard hit ,,, 

YMMV ,,,

Message 2 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You may not get any luv from Citi,  I got a Diamond Preffered last October with a 6,800 limit, Wednesday I hit the luv button asking for a 3200 CLI,,,  Citi DENIED my request citing "too many new accounts" !!??

This morning I got an Experain alert telling me  Citi pulled a HARD on Experian for my effort,  

Thanks Citi !!!

I quite wrongly assumed that would be a soft??   I got a 2,500 CLI from Penfed last month and it didn't cost me a hard hit ,,, 

YMMV ,,,

If you get a form to fill out when you request a CLI it may cause you  a hard pull.  

Message Edited by DI on 10-02-2009 10:56 AM
Message Edited by DI on 10-02-2009 10:56 AM
Message 3 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

In general I do not think that moving balances from installment to revolving is a good idea. You want move balances from revolving to installment.

In this credit climate increasing your revolving UTIL to save a few dollars finance charge on a secured installment loan is potential credit suicide. If I had a lot of recent credit app's and new accounts I certainly wouldn't make this move!

Message 4 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
I have a Citi Platinum Card I opened in July.  The CL is $4000.  I have a 0% BT offer that I can use by 4/2010.  I am wanting to xfer my last $5000 car loan balance to the card.   Is it likely for me to get a significant CLI by 12/09? 

Most likely not. I did not get a luv button CLI until six months plus and when I did it was around 25%. Expect increasing CL stickiness from Citi - they have to reduce their CL exposure.

Message 5 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks.  I've been contemplating since July to make the BT. I more than likely won't do it for the reasons mentioned by
Message 6 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sometimes the best thing you can do is read a book.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.