Did you mean: 

Citi BT offer typo?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi BT offer typo?

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

When I opened my Citi Plat. Select MC a few months ago the offer was 15 months 0% balance transfer and purchases. I have no use for balance transfers but I did take advantage of 0% purchase offer.

Citi is really encouraging me to use the balance transfer with emails, snail mail and now they are sending me checks.

Does a creditor not know by my credit reports that I don't carry balances?

Of course they do but that won't stop them from encouraging you to hopefully carry balances from month to month at some point in the future.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I haven't carried a balance in years, but I still get checks in the mail almost every week.  BOA, Citi and Chase.  I always save the most recent ones "just in case". Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

When I opened my Citi Plat. Select MC a few months ago the offer was 15 months 0% balance transfer and purchases. I have no use for balance transfers but I did take advantage of 0% purchase offer.

Citi is really encouraging me to use the balance transfer with emails, snail mail and now they are sending me checks.

Of course they do but that won't stop them from encouraging you to hopefully carry balances from month to month at some point in the future.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

It will be a very cold day when I carry a balance (I learned my lesson many years ago) but if there ever came a daywhen I really needed to transfer a balance they probably will deny for having too many balances! LOL

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 12 of 16
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@fused wrote:

My offers have been for 12 months or less. 14 months is pretty darn good, tho.

I agree but I've seen posts mentioning a 21 month BT offer from Citi so that's why I was wondering if the 1/2012 expiration was correct.

From a BK years ago to:

There are several different 0% BToffers from CITI out there at the moment, one being until 1/1/2012 and other  for 21 months. I received 3 pre-selected offers in a week time frame, went ahead and app'd online for the one until 1/1/12 because the APR tiers were better,  and got instantly approved for $8,700.00.

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

They will try anything to convert you!Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

These are my offers from Citi:

• 1.99% Promo APR for 12 months
  • 15.99% Variable APR After 12 months

on Balance Transfers

Message 15 of 16
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received a BT offer from Citi, 0% until Jan 2012!  Of course there is the 3% BT fee, but even a few years ago when things were good with BT offers I was only seeing 12-18 month offers.  Anyone else get this offer?

I also received the same offer, krystofur!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.