Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank Breaking Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Bank Breaking Down

Looks like there's a fire going on over @ Citi. Anyone else having a problem? Are your cards working? I couldn't get their online activation to work, had to call to activate my card. Now I can't get my online account credentials to work, locked me out of the account. Supposedly my card is active, but I'm hearing a lot of reports of people not being able to use their's. 

Looks like the back end is going through some sort of 'upgrade'. None of the CSRs can assist customers right now. Chatted with the last CSR I talked to for a while. He asked me to call back in 2 hours, and said he really hoped he was the one that got to speak to me. Sounded like their entire department is getting yelled at by angry customers right now.

Their Twitter is getting blown up with complaints. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Bank Breaking Down

Yeah, my online crashed and burned and I'm trying to pay the stupid thing. This is not the first time their web site has been down on me - I believe it was two weeks ago when I last went to pay bills that it was down as well. When I called, as directed with the error message, I just get a CSR saying they request I call back in four hours as their systems are updating. Yeah, right, nice euphemism for crapping the bed. They are on my naughty list at this point.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My checking and savings accounts are working properly, however, when I logged in, my Double Cash apperared as it had closed, and almost gave me a heart attack.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disdreamin wrote:

Yeah, my online crashed and burned and I'm trying to pay the stupid thing. This is not the first time their web site has been down on me - I believe it was two weeks ago when I last went to pay bills that it was down as well. When I called, as directed with the error message, I just get a CSR saying they request I call back in four hours as their systems are updating. Yeah, right, nice euphemism for crapping the bed. They are on my naughty list at this point.

Did you get an error code? I got a notice telling me to mention error code RP0004 when I called. Can't find any mention of that code through Google.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

Did you get an error code? I got a notice telling me to mention error code RP0004 when I called. Can't find any mention of that code through Google.

The site is experiencing difficulties overall.  I'djust wait it out.

Message 5 of 25
wmweeza
Established Contributor

It's not just your accounts, check out Twitter, Citi accounts worldwide are down

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 6 of 25
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Back up...

Message 7 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@disdreamin wrote:

Total implosion of some sort and it must be really a pickle right now.

I also cannot log into my Citi accounts and don't even have a Costco to complicate the matter.

Got the same phone message call back in 4 hours. Ouch it must be in meltdown over there today and it's FRIDAY!

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

People on their Facebook page complaining their cards are being declined eveywhere and people are in an uproar.

Citi is telling everyone they are having technical issues.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just logged onto my account information with no issues. Working fine for me a few ago.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.