Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank Double Cash card

tag
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Bank Double Cash card

I'm not eligible for membership, I think you have to be military or be on a employers list to get in with the credit union to be able to apply for the card.

Message 31 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Trooper2003 wrote:

I'm not eligible for membership, I think you have to be military or be on a employers list to get in with the credit union to be able to apply for the card.

Nothing to do with the military and as documented in the LONG thread, anyone can join by joining one of a couple of orgs.

Message 32 of 38
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Oh ok thank you!

Message 33 of 38
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Hey went to the website , it's saying current or prior military family of military and gives list of employers, do yo have link that's tells me a back door way like donating to a charity or organization, thanks for all your info and expertise.

Message 34 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Trooper2003 wrote:

Hey went to the website , it's saying current or prior military family of military and gives list of employers, do yo have link that's tells me a back door way like donating to a charity or organization, thanks for all your info and expertise.

Thread is https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AOD-Visa-Siggy-Discussion-Thread/m-p/6005027#M1718074

Many people here who joined did it via NORTHEAST ALABAMA BICYCLE ASSOCIATION

Message 35 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Known successful eligibility memberships outside of geo/employment/standard eligibility:

-Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association (NEABA)

(Membership is processed through the International Mountain Bike Association, NEABA Chapter)

-United Way of East Central Alabama (limited to members rather than donations)

-Anniston Bridge Club

-Anniston Runners Club

Other possible paths for eligibility (thanks batsy71):

-Calhoun Court Chambers Membership ($90 join fee)

-Purple Martin Conservation Association ($35 annual fee)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/The-Anniston-Tidal-Wave-AOD-FCU-Approvals-Thr...

Message 36 of 38
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Do you know if AOD is inquiries sensitive?

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi denied my brother on that exact card despite only 1 recent inquiry. (first inquiry in 2 years for him).

They approved me, but at a $500 CL (absolute minimum), again with only 1 recent inquiry...

We both have fairly good credit scores. Ironically, his was actually a bit better than mine at the time...

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.