Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi/Bank of America/Chase Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi/Bank of America/Chase Application Status

Does anyone know where to get the application status for Citi, BoA and Chas?

I submitted an application for Citi AAdvantage, AAA from Bank of America and Chase Freedom yesterday on the same day. I notice BoA pulled Experian, Chase pulled TU and Citi usually pulled Equifax. But how long does it take for them to approve an application? Does anyone know?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi/Bank of America/Chase Application Status

you got further processing needed?

I would call the bank of america back door number and you can get response right then over phone 

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I usually get further processing time is needed. What exactly do they really need?

The only card I ever got an instant approve was my 7 months old Amex Blue Sky, the rest is like needed more time etc.. That's so annoying!! 

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 30 day message on my Chase app on 7/28 - called application status number (found it here via a search) the next morning and it said I was approved (the card just arrived today).

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know where to get the application status for Citi, BoA and Chas?

I submitted an application for Citi AAdvantage, AAA from Bank of America and Chase Freedom yesterday on the same day. I notice BoA pulled Experian, Chase pulled TU and Citi usually pulled Equifax. But how long does it take for them to approve an application? Does anyone know?

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Chase # and received a message " you'll receive a letter in the mail regarding the application decision within 7-10 business days" ..This doesnt sound good because I got this from them last time tooo. However I will write a letter to reconsider.

I called BoA and they said it's still in process and the rep said it could take 2-3 weeks to process...I can wait...

I called Citi and the automated system automatically transfer me to CSR but the office was closed, something is wrong with Citi. The status didn't generate any message...

Keep my finger cross, I hope to get approve for at least one or two cards out of three..

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 08-06-2009 05:05 AM
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck......keep us posted!
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay, Citi is a bit strange. I submitted my application on the August 4th and they did not pulled credit report until today August 6th from Equifax ( just check my credit monitoring). Something isn't right!

So the application did not process until a few days later. I assume there's no way to get instant approval or status at the time of application.

Has anyone experience this before?

Message 7 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

okay, Citi is a bit strange. I submitted my application on the August 4th and they did not pulled credit report until today August 6th from Equifax ( just check my credit monitoring). Something isn't right!

So the application did not process until a few days later. I assume there's no way to get instant approval or status at the time of application.

Has anyone experience this before?

I was instantly approved for my Diamond Preferred in December 2008.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My application status update:

Citi is holding my application for verification when I called to check the status. They required proof of address, so i did mail it out today 3 forms of proof they request Telephone bill, CC statement, SS card.

AAA BofA INSTANT DENIED, it's just terrible. Had a c/o in 2001 =x

Chase waiting for the letter to see what up..

Message 9 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My application status update:

Citi is holding my application for verification when I called to check the status. They required proof of address, so i did mail it out today 3 forms of proof they request Telephone bill, CC statement, SS card.

AAA BofA INSTANT DENIED, it's just terrible. Had a c/o in 2001 =x

Chase waiting for the letter to see what up..

Have you looked at your CBR's lately? Are they frozen? Something may be up that you need to investigate.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.