Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy 20% Rewards - Today Only

tag
capnsloya
Contributor

Citi Best Buy 20% Rewards - Today Only

Hello everyone!

I awoke to an interesting email from Best Buy today. It looks like they're offering 20% back in rewards for any purchase that is made today. I'm not sure if this is going out to everyone or only certain people but I wanted to give those of you with the card a heads up Smiley Wink.Screenshot_20200731-093312_Gmail.jpg

Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy 20% Rewards - Today Only

I don't have a BB card, but a reward that high HAS to be targeted. Otherwise they'd lose out on a lot of money. Smiley LOL

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Daaaang what an offer. Imagine buying a computer or something with that. 

Congrats and enjoy! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Targeted. And I wasn't with that offer.

I got $25 off $100 instead.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Targeted offer for sure.  I didn't get anything.

Message 5 of 12
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I didn't get any recent offers, though I only use it for Best Buy purchases that are infrequent. I even skipped the spend $100 and get a $50 gift card offer last year, but I am kinda kicking myself a little bit for skipping that. 50% back is huge....

Message 6 of 12
Azza
Regular Contributor

BBY must not be doing very well if they're giving away free money. Sure, their stuff is marked up, and I think they're just trying to get people in the doors to move some money.

With a discount that big they're targeting larger spends such as TVs, which inevitably they'll be able to sell some of their finest cables and close that lost margin.

edit: my snarkiness has been undone. Apparently BBY is having the best year in their history. wut

chrome_jrsy1H1QTi.png

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 7 of 12
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I didn't get the 20%, but I did get an email today for 10% with an expiration of 8/21.

Message 8 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

While they certainly have a tendency to have a huge markup, they have one of the best price match policy. Even through phone.@Azza wrote:

BBY must not be doing very well if they're giving away free money. Sure, their stuff is marked up, and I think they're just trying to get people in the doors to move some money.

With a discount that big they're targeting larger spends such as TVs, which inevitably they'll be able to sell some of their finest cables and close that lost margin.

edit: my snarkiness has been undone. Apparently BBY is having the best year in their history. wut

chrome_jrsy1H1QTi.png

Message 9 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Its times like this I wish I had kept my BestBuy card.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.