cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

@annebythesea wrote:

I was in Best Buy last week and I asked the chasier after checking out how the new cards were going to work if we already had the old ones and he really didn't know other then the new card would come in the mail sometime next month. But what I really found interesting what that he told me that you would not be able to switch over to the new owned-by-Citibank card until you finished paying off the old card, the one owned by Capital One. I'm taking his message with a grain of salt, because who knows how much info the employees are actually told but my mom and I both have best buy cards and she still owes money on hers and I don't so it'll be interesting to see if we both get new cards in the mail next month or just me. 

I'm surprised they don't have some sort of FAQ on Best Buy's site or the BBRZMC page about the transition, but I guess there really wasn't a whole lot of explanation about the HSBC - > Capital One turnover either.  Are they issuing new CC#s for the new Citibank cards or just shipping the new design with the "backed by Citibank" details?

Message 21 of 124
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

my friend applied a couple of days ago and he said they pulled EX here on NV. In the past under Capital One it was always EQ they would pull.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 124
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

my friend applied a couple of days ago and he said they pulled EX here on NV. In the past under Capital One it was always EQ they would pull.

Because Cap1 isn't the owner anymore......

Message 23 of 124
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

lol...true. Just was replying to the person who asked if they still pulled EQ...Smiley Happy I wonder if i would still be able to get a BB card since i arleady have 3 citi cards. Do they count store cards as max amount of cards you can have with Citi?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 24 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

lol...true. Just was replying to the person who asked if they still pulled EQ...Smiley Happy I wonder if i would still be able to get a BB card since i arleady have 3 citi cards. Do they count store cards as max amount of cards you can have with Citi?

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

Ron.

Message 25 of 124
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

From reading the terms and the even the card name itself, it looks like RewardZone might become My Best Buy Rewards. Regardless of the program name, the card is no longer RZMC. Time for a new acronym, maybe BBMC or MBBMC? lol

According to their terms and conditions, looks like they will still have several tiers of cards: "Your are applying for a My Best Buy Mastercard Platinum account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy MasterCard Platinum account, youagree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy MasterCard Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts."

So MBBMCP, MBBCCP,MBBCC, and MBBMCG. Wow, my head hurts, lol

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 26 of 124
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

Ron.

What is the max number of Citi Accounts?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 27 of 124
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Did not know about a limit on Citi cards. I currently have 2 or 3 citicards, one of which is my highest limit at over $20k. I hope adding the Best Buy card won't cause problems.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 28 of 124
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Did not know about a limit on Citi cards. I currently have 2 or 3 citicards, one of which is my highest limit at over $20k. I hope adding the Best Buy card won't cause problems.

I have 3, plus HD and now with RZMC going to Citi that makes 5 Citi products for me.

Message 29 of 124
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

From reading the terms and the even the card name itself, it looks like RewardZone might become My Best Buy Rewards. Regardless of the program name, the card is no longer RZMC. Time for a new acronym, maybe BBMC or MBBMC? lol

According to their terms and conditions, looks like they will still have several tiers of cards: "Your are applying for a My Best Buy Mastercard Platinum account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy MasterCard Platinum account, youagree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy MasterCard Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts."

So MBBMCP, MBBCCP,MBBCC, and MBBMCG. Wow, my head hurts, lol

RZMC was the universal acronym for both Gold and Platinum, so we probably won't need tier specific ones this time either lol It's funny how Gold is considered the lowest product to qualify for.

Message 30 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.