cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

@emptypockets wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

From reading the terms and the even the card name itself, it looks like RewardZone might become My Best Buy Rewards. Regardless of the program name, the card is no longer RZMC. Time for a new acronym, maybe BBMC or MBBMC? lol

According to their terms and conditions, looks like they will still have several tiers of cards: "Your are applying for a My Best Buy Mastercard Platinum account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy MasterCard Platinum account, youagree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy MasterCard Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts."

So MBBMCP, MBBCCP,MBBCC, and MBBMCG. Wow, my head hurts, lol

Great so it's back to the "good old days" of HSBC.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 31 of 124
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

Ron.

It does? I was always under the impression the Citi Retail Services CRS issued cards were managed independent from Citicards CBNA and didn't factor in. I forgot who posted that about their CRS backed Sears card.

Message 32 of 124
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Yes, it counts.  I got denied for Citi AT&T Cash Rewards MC for too many inquiries. I called Citi EO to recon and they told me I have reached the max of cards. They took the portion CL off  of my Citi Cash Returns MC.

Ron.

It does? I was always under the impression the Citi Retail Services CRS issued cards were managed independent from Citicards CBNA and didn't factor in. I forgot who posted that about their CRS backed Sears card.

I believe AT&T is a regular credit card for Citi not a retail store card, that is why you may have hit a limit.

Sears, HD, now Best Buy, they will be retail cards and don't believe Citi has a limit for that.

Message 33 of 124
iHackerSix
New Contributor

Is there anyway to ONLY apply for the Mastercard version instead of the Best Buy Store version? I'm not in the least bit interested in ever having any store cards from anyone. It's just an OCD thing, I only want to have Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or Amex cards. I don't want to also handle store cards that can ONLY be used in THERE stores, useless to me really. Honestly I'd rather get denied for a card altogether than apply for the Mastercard and be approved for their store card. Just my thing I guess.

Message 34 of 124
Volpes
Regular Contributor

@iHackerSix wrote:

Is there anyway to ONLY apply for the Mastercard version instead of the Best Buy Store version? I'm not in the least bit interested in ever having any store cards from anyone. It's just an OCD thing, I only want to have Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or Amex cards. I don't want to also handle store cards that can ONLY be used in THERE stores, useless to me really. Honestly I'd rather get denied for a card altogether than apply for the Mastercard and be approved for their store card. Just my thing I guess.

Unfortunately not; its common practice, but sometimes you get a choice. One example is Amazon, you can either apply for the MasterCard or the Store Card.

Usually/sometimes the terms will tell you:

"To receive an account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. You are applying for a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum Account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum account, you agree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy™ Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy™ Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts, as provided herein. Your credit limit will be determined by your yearly income or assets and a review of your credit report. You will be informed of the..."

Message 35 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I believe AT&T is a regular credit card for Citi not a retail store card, that is why you may have hit a limit.

Sears, HD, now Best Buy, they will be retail cards and don't believe Citi has a limit for that.

I think AT&T is stiil count as a co-branded card.

Ron.

Message 36 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

They had Chase cards many years ago and it was Circuit City card. It was converted into Best Buy card. It was discontinued many years ago.

Ron.

I mean the message for the BB Store Card.

They had Chase BB store card many years ago.  It was converted into BB card. Circuity City Visa was converted into Chase Freedom Visa Signature card.

Ron.

Message 37 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

my friend applied a couple of days ago and he said they pulled EX here on NV. In the past under Capital One it was always EQ they would pull.

Because Cap1 isn't the owner anymore......

lol...true. Just was replying to the person who asked if they still pulled EQ...Smiley Happy I wonder if i would still be able to get a BB card since i arleady have 3 citi cards. Do they count store cards as max amount of cards you can have with Citi?

Ron.

What is the max number of Citi Accounts?

I think it is 3. 

Ron.

Message 38 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@iHackerSix wrote:

RZMC is tough to get when they were HSBC or Cap1. I was able to get it when they had pre-approval link many years ago.  I don't know it will be easier when they turn into Citi. 

Ron.

Message 39 of 124
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Volpes wrote:

@iHackerSix wrote:

Unfortunately not; its common practice, but sometimes you get a choice. One example is Amazon, you can either apply for the MasterCard or the Store Card.

Usually/sometimes the terms will tell you:

"To receive an account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. You are applying for a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum Account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Platinum account, you agree Citibank may consider you for a My Best Buy™ Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best Buy™ Credit Card account, and a My Best Buy™ MasterCard® Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness. You accept the terms and conditions of these accounts, as provided herein. Your credit limit will be determined by your yearly income or assets and a review of your credit report. You will be informed of the..."

+1

This is where the OCD factor will not be to your advantage iHackerSix, at least for BB or other lenders who have such approval criteria.

Message 40 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.