cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

@mnavas Then were do you apply for the MC version for those who want the MC? Maybe it will be like Macys where you have to go in store to be considered for the MC? 

You may be approved for a My Best Buy™ credit card, issued by Citibank, N.A. ("Citibank"). Review the Terms and Conditions (PDF) to access important information about the My Best Buy™ credit cards.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 81 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@mnavas Then were do you apply for the MC version for those who want the MC? Maybe it will be like Macys where you have to go in store to be considered for the MC? 

You may be approved for a My Best Buy™ credit card, issued by Citibank, N.A. ("Citibank"). Review the Terms and Conditions (PDF) to access important information about the My Best Buy™ credit cards.

To receive an account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. You are applying for a My Best BuyTM MasterCard® Platinum Account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best BuyTM MasterCard® Platinum account, you agree Citibank may consider you for a My Best BuyTM Credit Card Preferred account, a My Best BuyTM Credit Card account, and a My Best BuyTM MasterCard® Gold account in that order, based on your creditworthiness.

Ron.

Message 82 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
Update: I called BBY Card services this morning and asked about the card version i got and the representative said i got the Store one (preferred version 25.24 APR) and not the MC. I also asked the representative why i didn't get the MC version and this person informed me that it was because i applied for the store card and i needed to apply for the MC so now i'm kind of confused i thought there was only one application for these cards and based on your credit you could get either the store or MC...well i wasn't planning to make this card my everyday one anyway so im happy with store card. It's going to allow me buy a macbook Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear it. You didn't get the MC version.  It think you might be able to get CLI  after six months or a year. I'm sure thwy will be HP or SP.

Ron.

Message 83 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
@vAirGo7 CITI is very known to go either way (SP or HP) but there's a high chance you get a HP on one of your reports. My mom has a home depot store card which is backed by citi, she requested a CLI and got a HP on TU Also she has the Best buy store backed by Cap one she has requested 2 CLI and both have been SP..

I haven't gotten any SP CLI from Citi. It always told me a HP.

Ron.

Message 84 of 124
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Alright now I see, thanks

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 85 of 124
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Ok yeah i guess my credit wasn't strong enough to get the MC but i really didn't think i was going to be approved for the store card either due to a ton of hard inquiries and 9 new accounts opened in the last year and 2 in the last 3 months (Many people on this forum say that CITI is ultra sensitive with inquiries and you get a denial for 2 or 3 inquiries in the last 6 months but i don't think that's always the case at least not for me ) plus my AAoA is less than 1.5 years... Also, my available credit is higher than my current income..so im happy that i was able to get the store one...and even if i had been approved for the MC i'd only use it in the store anyway
Message 86 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
Ok yeah i guess my credit wasn't strong enough to get the MC but i really didn't think i was going to be approved for the store card either due to a ton of hard inquiries and 9 new accounts opened in the last year and 2 in the last 3 months (Many people on this forum say that CITI is ultra sensitive with inquiries and you get a denial for 2 or 3 inquiries in the last 6 months but i don't think that's always the case at least not for me ) plus my AAoA is less than 1.5 years... Also, my available credit is higher than my current income..so im happy that i was able to get the store one...and even if i had been approved for the MC i'd only use it in the store anyway

I guess you were lucky. I got denied for AT&T Universal Card due to excessive inquiries. I had to call Citi EO to recon.  I don't see any difference between MC and the sore card except use it outside Best Buy.  BB RZMC Platinum is the toughest card to get approved. (IMO)

Ron. 

Message 87 of 124
Brusilov
Established Contributor

It's always confused me why Best Buy seems to do things backwards.  Especially considering the Mastercard has the same financing options - why would a higher qualified applicant get the store card instead of the Mastercard that can be used anywhere?

Message 88 of 124
stevenngu92
Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

It's always confused me why Best Buy seems to do things backwards.  Especially considering the Mastercard has the same financing options - why would a higher qualified applicant get the store card instead of the Mastercard that can be used anywhere?

I see where the naming can be confusing. Their Mastercard is both the highest and lowest card you can get. Platinum being the highest and Gold being the lowest. So higher applicants would get approved for the store cards instead of the Gold Mastercard and the best applicants would end up getting the Platinum Mastercard over the store cards.

Order as mentioned in this thread:   Platinum Mastercard -> Store Preferred -> Store -> Gold Mastercard (Has an annual fee. Hence the lowest?)

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 89 of 124
Plex26
Established Member

I was accepted for a Best Buy Store Card about 3 weeks ago but it's from Capital One. Is it staying with Capital One or will it be moved to Citi Bank?

Message 90 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.