Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bonus Cash Center

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Bonus Cash Center

https://www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com/

Has anyone been able to snag a bonus with their Citi card using this site? I've tried it twice and never received the bonus.

1. I made sure to log in to my Citi card account using the Login link. Then go back to this site.

2. Clicked on the retailer from this site (which takes me back to Citi Account page, and not to the retailer).

3. No way to get directly to the retailer's site from the link, and is probably the reason why no bonus is credited.

Seems like the site is a shell site to say they have a bonus site. Kind of like a gas station that states, "It's guaranteed".

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Bonus Cash Center

They don’t advertise it anywhere. To be honest I think it’s dead and just for whatever reason hasn’t been taken down.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
They don’t advertise it anywhere. To be honest I think it’s dead and just for whatever reason hasn’t been taken down.

Could be, so I looked it up to see if it is advertised with Citi. I didn't find anything.

However, there is a recent article on it, from 9/24/19:

Only select Citi credit cards qualify for additional cash back in the Citi Bonus Cash Center; cards must earn cash rewards to qualify. Cardholders that earn ThankYou points won’t be able to participate in the program.

That means there are only three Citi cards that qualify for the program – two of which are no longer open to new applications. If you already have a Citi Dividend or Citi Simplicity Cash Card, you can take advantage of the Bonus Cash Center. Otherwise, you’ll need the Citi® Double Cash Card.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/citi-bonus-cash-center-guide/

My DC didn't work, so not sure what's happening .

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is backed by cartera commerce, a subsidiary of Rakuten, its the same engine behind all airline shopping networks. So you can get all of these "bonus" from any of those shopping portals.

I generally don't like these because you have to allow tracking by the single company (Rakuten) and you have to buy things online mostly.

I prefer in-store deals (so I can get merchant giftcards, not ms, lol) like amex offers, aa simplymiles, chase/bofa offers, earn more mall, etc.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is backed by cartera commerce, a subsidiary of Rakuten, its the same engine behind all airline shopping networks. So you can get all of these "bonus" from any of those shopping portals.

I generally don't like these because you have to allow tracking by the single company (Rakuten) and you have to buy things online mostly.

I prefer in-store deals (so I can get merchant giftcards, not ms, lol) like amex offers, aa simplymiles, chase/bofa offers, earn more mall, etc.

Like with my other cards,  I would only use these when it's much more convenient to purchase online than in store. And figured to get a little more back doing so.

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com/

Has anyone been able to snag a bonus with their Citi card using this site? I've tried it twice and never received the bonus.

1. I made sure to log in to my Citi card account using the Login link. Then go back to this site.

2. Clicked on the retailer from this site (which takes me back to Citi Account page, and not to the retailer).

3. No way to get directly to the retailer's site from the link, and is probably the reason why no bonus is credited.

Seems like the site is a shell site to say they have a bonus site. Kind of like a gas station that states, "It's guaranteed".

I just tried the navigation with Petco.   On step 2, it takes me to a Citi page but with a button to go to the retailer, and clicking on that does take me to Petco.   (I didn't bother to purchase, so can't test out cash back!)

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's at least a start. Will try to use it next time. But it might be a little while. Petco is one I'll use, but I just made one about 2 weeks ago. Thanks. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.