Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Business Balance Transfer Question

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Citi Business Balance Transfer Question

Hey,

Have any of you used their balance transfer to close up personal cards and pay the biz card itself? Or are balance transfers for business cards only to be used with other business credit cards?

Thanks. I just want to close out my sub primes, focus on my business and give all my money to Citi Business/Citi Corp since they are the only entity to really believe in me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Business Balance Transfer Question

I have... I mean your tax guy might want to know where the debt came from if you paid the bill out of your business account each month, but you could always just pay it out of your personal checking account and never report it on your business ledger.
Message 2 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

Interesting. I planned to use my personal money (from freelancing) that has nothing to do with this business entity (which launches this month).

So it would show as payments from my personal checking, all things equal. I just wasn't sure if citi business would hate me doing that or not.

Thanks.

Message Edited by jbh on 12-16-2008 02:57 PM
Message 3 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

Oh, one last question. Does it lead to a hard inquiry when one does this?
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you took the hard pull to open the account, there will be no more inq. from doing a bt
Message 5 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

They pulled EQ for the account and it was offered to me online. The only reason I was concerned was because it states in their agreement "We reserve the right to review your credit"

I assume they will just soft the same report they pulled?

Thanks.

Message Edited by jbh on 12-16-2008 03:46 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.