Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CC softing me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CC softing me

I just looked at my EQ and notice that Citi has softed me and that's why I received the pre-qualify mailer three weeks ago. I went to the site and it said I'm preapproved. The offer is for a Platinum Select, but that's not what I want. I want the Citi AAvantage Card for the promotional miles giveaway. Is that card in the same category as the Platinum select (credit requirements = same/similiar), or is it much harder to get (higher credit score requirements). If the AAdvantage card has a higher criteria, could I apply, then if I get accepted, immediately then ask for a PC. Will that work?

My scores are TU 655, EQ 665,  EQ (Idk for  sure), but was told by an Amex rep, it was a tad bit over 700 (Amex score...whatever that is, if it means anything). Baddies are about 2 year old (lates mostly)

Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating

These inquires include requests from employers, companies making promotional offers and your own requests to check your credit. These inquiries are only viewable by you.

Company InformationDate of Inquiry
ND-AUTO-OWNERS INSURANCE  07/21/11
PRM-CAPITAL ONE 02/10/12, 01/13/12, 12/08/11, 11/10/11, 08/11/11, 06/09/11, 05/12/11
PRM-CITI CARDS CBSD  01/13/12

PRM ONL-GEMB/LENS CRAFTERS 07/28/11
PRM ONL-GECRB/SAM'S CLUB 11/05/11

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CC softing me

First of, preapproval means nothing. I repeat nothing. It does not guarantee approval.

Second AAdvantage is a much harder card to get, with minimum credit line of $2K. If Citi cannot issue you at least $2K of credit you will be denied. I believer lenders prohibit PC within the first 12 months because of CARD Act (no rate changing in the first 12 months).

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

First of, preapproval means nothing. I repeat nothing. It does not guarantee approval.

Second AAdvantage is a much harder card to get, with minimum credit line of $2K. If Citi cannot issue you at least $2K of credit you will be denied. I believer lenders prohibit PC within the first 12 months because of CARD Act (no rate changing in the first 12 months).

I believe! Only thing is my sister got approved for the AAdvantage card three months ago with a 650 EQ with a 5k CL.It was a shot in the dark, but then again, she have no baddies. Just wondering.

Message 3 of 25
teenastie
Established Contributor

BE CAREFUL!

Citi is sending 1099's on customers who accepts their miles cards and making them pay taxes on the benefit at ridiculous rates!!!

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@teenastie wrote:

BE CAREFUL!

Citi is sending 1099's on customers who accepts their miles cards and making them pay taxes on the benefit at ridiculous rates!!!

What! Can this be true? This IS not considered income or dividend? I have to do a little research on that.

Message 5 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Citi has a pre approved site?? have the url?

Message 6 of 25
littlesister
Contributor

They keep sending me pre approvals to. In one day it was for thank you premium, citi simplicity, and diamond preferred.

Message 7 of 25
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

BE CAREFUL!

What! Can this be true? This IS not considered income or dividend? I have to do a little research on that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2012/03/01/citibank-issues-forms-1099-for-frequent-flyer-miles-surprising-customers-and-irs/

Message 8 of 25
aftermath
Established Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

BE CAREFUL!

False!

They are only sending 1099's for checking account bonuses.  Even then, you don't have to claim them when you file taxes as the IRS themselves said that they wont regulate it.

Please double check your facts and quit scaring people.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 9 of 25
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just looked at my EQ and notice that Citi has softed me and that's why I received the pre-qualify mailer three weeks ago. I went to the site and it said I'm preapproved. The offer is for a Platinum Select, but that's not what I want. I want the Citi AAvantage Card for the promotional miles giveaway. Is that card in the same category as the Platinum select (credit requirements = same/similiar), or is it much harder to get (higher credit score requirements). If the AAdvantage card has a higher criteria, could I apply, then if I get accepted, immediately then ask for a PC. Will that work?

My scores are TU 655, EQ 665,  EQ (Idk for  sure), but was told by an Amex rep, it was a tad bit over 700 (Amex score...whatever that is, if it means anything). Baddies are about 2 year old (lates mostly)

Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating

These inquires include requests from employers, companies making promotional offers and your own requests to check your credit. These inquiries are only viewable by you.

Company InformationDate of Inquiry
ND-AUTO-OWNERS INSURANCE  07/21/11
PRM-CAPITAL ONE 02/10/12, 01/13/12, 12/08/11, 11/10/11, 08/11/11, 06/09/11, 05/12/11
PRM-CITI CARDS CBSD  01/13/12

PRM ONL-GEMB/LENS CRAFTERS 07/28/11
PRM ONL-GECRB/SAM'S CLUB 11/05/11

You only qualify for the signup bonus ONLY if you apply for that card.  If you PC another card , it's not an application.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.