Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLD After Payoff

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Citi CLD After Payoff

If you've been following my posts over the the past few months, you know that several banks have tried to CLD my limits, only to reinstate them.  About 6 weeks or so ago, I finally figured out why.  There was an old collection on my CR that I found from college, that had been paid (the bill had been paid, there should've been no collection at all).  After several weeks of back-and-forth and to make a long story short, I got it cleaned from my record.

Also during that time, I paid off my balance on my Citi Hilton, $6k on a $15k limit.  3 days after the payment posted, I was CLD'd to $300.

Let me say that again, CLD from $15k to $300.

Shocked doesn't cover how I felt, insulted more like.  I tried going through regular CS and explain the situation, got swtiched to managers...nothing.  I finally wrote the CEO (who just got fired) and the exec office called.  The surly woman said there was nothing she could do but review my credit report in 30 days to make sure I hadn't simply BT'd the $6k.  If I hadn't, she would reinstate me.  Fine.  FFw'd 30 days, I get a CLI-REQUEST denied email from Citi.  I called the Exec office woman and left a message.  No return call.  Called again a couple of days later and left a message, no return call.

What should I do? I've never heard of such a dramatic CLD.  I thought Visa Signature cards had a min $5k limit anyway ? I really don't need the card, I was just going to sock drawer it after I paid off the balance, but now this huge CLD is affecting my utilization.

I feel like its been a house of cards all summer, CLD here, reinstate, CLD, reinstate, then I find this utility bill, fix it and get it cleaned up, but I still feel like the damage is done.  I guess I'm just asking for any and all advice.  Write the CEO again ? Keep calling exec office ? Forget it and just keep the now useless card open ? 

Oh, and to reiterate one more time: $15k to $300.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi CLD After Payoff

wow that really bites

Message 2 of 31
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Ditto

Message 3 of 31
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

w0w... I really hope they give you your CL back, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 31
lithium78
Established Contributor

That is horrible.  Is there any way your can join NFCU or another big credit union?  They would be likely to give you a CC with a good limit, even though it would require a hard pull.  Looks like Citi doesn't want your business anymore. :-(

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 31
learnin113
Established Contributor

Good grief!  You cant win sometimes, you get punished for keeping a balance and punished for paying off your balance...Jeez.

Message 6 of 31
n777ua
Established Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

That is horrible.  Is there any way your can join NFCU or another big credit union?  They would be likely to give you a CC with a good limit, even though it would require a hard pull.  Looks like Citi doesn't want your business anymore. :-(

Well I have a Citi Diamond with a $13.3k limit that they haven't touched...

Message 7 of 31
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Your Citi Diamond in sig said $15k a few minutes ago? Terrible news, hope you get it fixed. Btw which Bank of America is World Elite?

Message 8 of 31
n777ua
Established Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Your Citi Diamond in sig said $15k a few minutes ago? Terrible news, hope you get it fixed. Btw which Bank of America is World Elite?

I was just correcting my sigs, thought maybe I had the CL's wrong.  As far as your BoA question I'm not really sure, its just what the card is called when I login to my account (obviously its something I don't use)

Message 9 of 31
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

By reading this board, NFCU is the cure-all remedy for all our credit issues lol!!

On a serious note OP, that really blows donkey. I'd just keep trying different numbers and writing emails. Citi seems to operate on a different agenda compared to the other banks.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.