cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI At Activation - Which Bureau Pulled?

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Citi CLI At Activation - Which Bureau Pulled?

I'm wating to receive my Citi DC. Approved at $3400 SL. I'm planning on asking for a CLI after receiving it. I took a HP on EX only for the app. Which other bureau was pulled for others who did the same? And do I request it right after activating it? Online or by phone? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI At Activation - Which Bureau Pulled?

When you get it and setup your online account there is a luv button. Go to Account Management > Services > Credit Line Increase. The page states "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision." It also shows your FICO Bankcard 8 score from Equifax which is pretty handy. 

I am waiting on my DC too. I plan to try it when it arrives. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Citi card was EQ for app and EQ for CLI. SL was 3400, asked for 10k after 6 weeks and got it. YMMV

Message 3 of 12
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Citi card was EQ for app and EQ for CLI. SL was 3400, asked for 10k after 6 weeks and got it. YMMV

What was you EQ score at the time of each? And was this your FICO 8 or the FICO Bankcard score they give?

Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 12
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Got my DC a few minutes ago and once setup I hit them up for an increase to $10k. SL was $3k. The result was they sent it to be reviewed and will email me within 24 hours. We will see what happens. Would be nice since I intend to do a big BT. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 12
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.

@MyLoFICO - Did you use the online link to request the CLI? And do you know which bureau was pulled yet?

Edit: Is your card a World or World Elite Mastercard?

Message 6 of 12
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I got declined via email with a 7-10 day as expected. Hope you fair better. No HP yet. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 12
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@FICOEmpire wrote:

Thanks everyone.

@MyLoFICO - Did you use the online link to request the CLI? And do you know which bureau was pulled yet?

Edit: Is your card a World or World Elite Mastercard?

Mine came as a World Elite with the silver MC logo. No HP yet so not sure who they used. Probably Equifax. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you set up your account, I am pretty sure that there is no option for a SP CLI.  That option will usually only appear after your account is opened for 6 months.  Asking for a CLI upon activation will result for sure in a HP.  When I did it, they pulled EX for the initial application and then EQ for the CLI.

Message 9 of 12
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you set up your account, I am pretty sure that there is no option for a SP CLI.  That option will usually only appear after your account is opened for 6 months.  Asking for a CLI upon activation will result for sure in a HP.  When I did it, they pulled EX for the initial application and then EQ for the CLI.

If I see another HP for today I am going to call and recon my denial if I can. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.