Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Date

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Citi CLI Date

I called Citi to ask when my 6-month mark was coming since I knew it was soon, and they told me it was December 1.  However, my payment is due December 3, and statement cuts on December 6.  So, am I safe in assuming that I can ask for the CLI on the first, or should I wait until the statement date?  I already submitted my payment for the month, but it obviously won't report on CRs until the statement.  However, if its a soft pull for the 6-month mark, than that shouldn't matter right?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Date

Citi goes by day after the 6th Statement cuts. A CLI is not guaranteed nor is a soft pull. I have 5 citi cards and have had 4 CLI's, 2 soft and 2 hard

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 2 of 16
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Hmmm...so why would they tell me the 1st if the statement doesn't cut until the 6th? 

I understand that it isn't guaranteed, but I feel like if I call in and ensure its a soft pull I can at least control that.

Does anyone else who tried after 6 months know the date they used?

Message 3 of 16
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Eagles, it says right on the Citi website that you must wait 6 months to do a cli request

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 4 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You wait until your statement is cut. Ideally you should be waiting until your seventh statement is posted.

These CSRs are part timers that were trained to do basic stuff, do not assume they are telling facts.

Message 5 of 16
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

Eagles, it says right on the Citi website that you must wait 6 months to do a cli request

I know about the 6 months, I was just wondering when that clock exactly started.  Out of curiousity, where is that on the website?  I couldn't find it!

Message 6 of 16
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Scratch the above...just saw the 6-month thing under the FAQ.  I knew about the 6 month thing anyway and had asked questions before, I was just hoping to find out when exactly the 6 months started from.  I will just play it safe and wait until the statement, but it'd be nice if they found a way to tell you were eligible or something.   Thanks again!

Message 7 of 16
texaspete2012
Established Member

I did the day after my 6th statement....it was a SP and was approved instantly....just don't go crazy with the amount requested.

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
Chase Freedom (2200) 5/12
Citi Thank You Pref. (7000) 4/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
BOA VISA SIG CASH (5000) 12/12
Amex Gold Small Biz (NSL) 11/12
Message 8 of 16
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@texaspete2012 wrote:

I did the day after my 6th statement....it was a SP and was approved instantly....just don't go crazy with the amount requested.

Pete,

Did you do yours online or on the phone?  I agree about not going crazy.  Right now my CL is $1900.  I'm thinking about asking for another $1900.  Do you think that's reasoable?  I had heard about Citi making counteroffers in these situatins, but I'd rather not lean on that.

Message 9 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@texaspete2012 wrote:

at 6,500 what's not considered crazy? 19,500 like Amex is too much?=)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.