Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI and Conversion to World Dividend

tag
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Citi CLI and Conversion to World Dividend

After receiving a SP cli of 1k today, i decided to give them a call to request upgrade to Dividend World MC.  I figured i might as well try, as i don't have a World MC. CS rep had to check my account to see if it was eligible for the upgrade, and it was.  Conversion will take place in 51 days, around 8/28.  Account number changes, but history, CL, and everything else stays same.  No pull of any kind was mentioned, and i had to agree to the new terms for the account.  After hanging up with her, i thought about the WEMC, but i'll wait awhile.  I didn't want to seem too anxious or greedy.  Besides, i really haven't spent alot on the card, and i've had it over 2 years or so.  Just my .02 in case anyone else may be considering this request.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi CLI and Conversion to World Dividend

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

After receiving a SP cli of 1k today, i decided to give them a call to request upgrade to Dividend World MC.  I figured i might as well try, as i don't have a World MC. CS rep had to check my account to see if it was eligible for the upgrade, and it was.  Conversion will take place in 51 days, around 8/28.  Account number changes, but history, CL, and everything else stays same.  No pull of any kind was mentioned, and i had to agree to the new terms for the account.  After hanging up with her, i thought about the WEMC, but i'll wait awhile.  I didn't want to seem too anxious or greedy.  Besides, i really haven't spent alot on the card, and i've had it over 2 years or so.  Just my .02 in case anyone else may be considering this request.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats.....

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 3 of 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!

Ron.

Message 4 of 5
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I did the same thing last week! I had my Citi Diamond Preferred MC converted to dividend World because I don't use the rewards points. It should arrive sometime in August.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.