Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI denied, advice please

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Citi CLI denied, advice please

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

When should I try again?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi CLI denied, advice please

@john398 wrote:

I am at the 6 months and asked for a CLI from 1k to 3k online and it was denided. I do not think they pulled my credit report because it is not showing as an inquiry on any of the reports. I realize now I probably asked for too muuch of an increase and maybe I should of just asked for $500 more.

When should I try again?

Are you at your 6th statement or at 6 months since account opening day?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@john398 wrote:

When should I try again?

Are you at your 6th statement or at 6 months since account opening day?

I opened this account on 3/27/12 so since opening my 6th statement came on 9/28

Also whats odd is it says mycredit score they gave me is as of August 2012 but I asked for the CLI online yesterday so I guess they are using an old score

Message 3 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

bump, so no advice of when I should try again?

Message 4 of 5
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

bump, so no advice of when I should try again?

try asking for a manual review which I did. I had multiple inquiries since I just closed on a mortgage thus was denied on instantly on the website. 

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.