Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI denied :(

tag
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Citi CLI denied :(

Last night I was getting antsy because my fico scores were all above 670 and thought I would try to request a CLI on my Citi Thank You card.  Citi had my free fico listed from a month ago at 676.   It was a soft pull, all they asked was income and mortgage payment information. Press the increase button and go back a DENIAL Smiley Sad  Man that hurt.  My scores over the last 1.5 yrs have been creeping higher and higher.  Myfico list my EQ scores as

• score 8 691  
  • cc lending bankcard score 8 668
  • cc lending bankcard score 3 677
  • cc lending bankcard score 2 632

I gathered from fico that bankcard scores 8 and 3 are primarily used for CC lending.  The response I got back from citi is I was denied because: " We reviewed your request, but we can’t approve it because your credit report shows a garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, collection action or judgment."   I do have 2 portfolio collections that are 6 months from dropping off ( yeah!). My Citi Thank you and American express blue both list paid in full never late.  I guess my only recourse is to wait this out until December, unless somehow there is a way to get EQ to drop the collections sooner.  But I guess this is informational for those who may be looking to get a CLI and you have collections on your report.  Hope this helps someone.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI denied :(

I was also denied for a CLI with Citi and it was a SP. My scores are 660-690 due to a few PIF chargeoffs and 1 old late. My DTI is low but still no go. I think Citi wants to see above 700s scores to be consider for a CLI. I am not poking the bear anymore until then, as always YMMV. 

Message 2 of 6
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Even though your reports have gotten better, Citi might not have seen it. The report they have is from the LAST time they pulled it(which could've been months back).
Message 3 of 6
nupey10
Regular Contributor

How do I know when they SP?  How long should, or do I have to wait to try again?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: I generally wait every 6 months and request for one. I'm sure people with better scores can get it sooner. 

Under Request a Credit Line Increase, this is what I see ------> It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

You can possibly look at your true credit reports and see when they last soft pulled you, but that doesn't always mean their info will be updated.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.