Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI with soft pull frequency?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Citi CLI with soft pull frequency?

I did a CLI on all my three citi cards few days ago, and now i just checked cli pages again, and it let me do cli with soft pull again on all my cards with message "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.". is this normal?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI with soft pull frequency?

Yeah. It's normal.

Message 2 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@stone wrote:
I did a CLI on all my three citi cards few days ago, and now i just checked cli pages again, and it let me do cli with soft pull again on all my cards with message "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.". is this normal?

Yup, its very normal. It shows the same for me. I'd advise you to wait though...They'll probably deny a second attempt in such a short time.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 11
Shock
Established Contributor

it seems that their new policy is always a softpull per the verbatim. but if you had one in the last six months, its an automatic denial

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 4 of 11
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

normal but you can do a CLI on each Citi card once every 6 months. it is nto just 1 Citi card. I have 4 and do all 4 every 6 months

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 5 of 11
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

So, I received a Citi CLI the other day via an online request (soft pull).  The CLI was approved immediately and on the confirmation page, I was given an opportunity to request a higher limit which would have required further review by a credit analyst.    

I completed the form and requested an additional 1K.  Fast forward 24 hours and I learned that the reqeust could not be processed as it would have required a hard pull and my bureaus are frozen.  I was told by the CSR that the system determines if a request will be a soft or hard pull.  

I recall reading somewhere on a post that existing creditors could access your reports despite a freeze.  However, Citi wasn't able to access my reports becaue of the freeze.  

Notably, I am glad that they weren't able to access my reports because I didn't want a hard pull.  

Lastly, I was informed by the CSR that I could reapply for a CLI at anytime.  Does anyone know how long I should wait before trying again.  Has anyone ever received a back-to-back increase online via soft pulls?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Shock wrote:

it seems that their new policy is always a softpull per the verbatim. but if you had one in the last six months, its an automatic denial

out of curiosity, are you certain it will automatially deny w/in 6 monhs?  I would like an additional 1K and the representative infromed me that you could apply at anytime.  I specifially asked if I had to wait for a specified period of time.  

Has anyone ever received a back-to-back CLI from Citi via soft pulls?

Message 7 of 11
awp317
Frequent Contributor

My prestige card says its not an HP but my premier is. I did a request on the prestige and got a 10k bump last week. Today I checked again for fun and it said I could SP a cli again, so I figured what the heck why not, and it denied me and the next day I had a message that said it was because it was too frequent and to wait 6 months before asking for another one. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 8 of 11
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

My prestige card says its not an HP but my premier is. I did a request on the prestige and got a 10k bump last week. Today I checked again for fun and it said I could SP a cli again, so I figured what the heck why not, and it denied me and the next day I had a message that said it was because it was too frequent and to wait 6 months before asking for another one. 

Thanks.  I will wait 6 months.  I logged in this morning (Citi TY Premier) and this is the message that I have --It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

Message 9 of 11
Shock
Established Contributor

I'm not sure what the policy is regarding getting two CLI's on two different cards, but for one card I am almost certain that there is only one CLI available per 6 months. You are welcome to apply anytime, but will most likely be a HP. But yes, a soft pull will result in a denial.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.