Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card - Mastercard

tag
medink
Established Member

Citi Card - Mastercard

I have a Citi card with a balance of around $1800 with a 7.99% interest rate.  My limit is $8000.  They told me that they are going to up my interest to 14.99% or I can keep the 7.99% but when my card expires at the end of November they will not send me a new card.  I am a good customer that has never been late making payments and I pay over the minimum.  I am keeping the 7.99% but am wondering if I don't pay off the balance before my card expires, will it cause a negative effect on my credit.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Card - Mastercard

Citi did this on my moms card and she called and product changed to another card and they gave her a better rate.

just call them and ask them to give you your rate back and if they say no, ask about product change to lower apr. 

Message 2 of 4
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Citi did this on my moms card and she called and product changed to another card and they gave her a better rate.

just call them and ask them to give you your rate back and if they say no, ask about product change to lower apr. 

I wouldn't have guessed that this were possible, but someone not only was able to do what you said but that person was also able to convert to a discontinued card.

"Now, of course, I was interested as well. I had been thinking about converting my card anyhow and now I had the perfect excuse. I called Citibank and converted my card into something that is no longer offered on the Citi Web site (the Dividend MasterCard). I knew, though, that this card was well known, back in the day, for offering low rates. I chose my new card. This week I received my new card. Did it retain my rate-jacked APR? Nope. My new card now has a rate of less than 10%."
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 03-15-2009 09:58 PM
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

have you called? do you have an update for us?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.