Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Category Spending Viewable?

tag
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Category Spending Viewable?

Then maybe its the card,  we have we both seem to have Citi TYP WM (largest limit 30k), although that would seem to be a silly reason.

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Immediately after you log in to citi cards look to the bottom right under "FINANCIAL TOOLS" click "view tool snapshot." Then a popup with a detailed "Expense Analysis" will appear.

This is what appears for me, its the most detailed analysis I have available for an account I have. FYI I use Citi for my banking (checking/savings) along with credit card (TYP) so maybe I have different options available through my combined Citi site.

I don't have a checking or savings relationship with Citi. Just a credit card.

Then maybe its the card,  we have we both seem to have Citi TYP WM (largest limit 30k), although that would seem to be a silly reason.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 11 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Immediately after you log in to citi cards look to the bottom right under "FINANCIAL TOOLS" click "view tool snapshot." Then a popup with a detailed "Expense Analysis" will appear.

This is what appears for me, its the most detailed analysis I have available for an account I have. FYI I use Citi for my banking (checking/savings) along with credit card (TYP) so maybe I have different options available through my combined Citi site. I also have all my credi/charge accounts(chase/amex etc) linked so the expense analysis is a very useful feature.

I'm wondering at this point if the CC we have with them matters in terms of tools offered...both of you have the TYP and you have them.
To be fair...Citi this quarter for me hasn't seen much usage, just because the rotating category of department stores could not compare to Freedom's 5% back on Amazon this quarter (coming from a college student's perspective here). So I'm not worried as much right now about the expense analysis option - but I'm figuring once they hit on a category I spend heavily on, I'll call a CSR and ask what's available to me...maybe I'll get lucky! haha

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 12 of 21
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the info. I don't have it either. I have the personal AAdvantage card. 

All I see is: 

FINANCIAL TOOLS

Message 13 of 21
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

• You are now chatting with 'Chris' from Citibank, N.A.
  • Chris: Good evening, welcome to Citi Live Chat. How may I help you today?
  • Stiga9: Hi
  • Stiga9I was wondering if there was a place online I can see a "spend analysis" of my purchases?
  • Stiga9basically which categories I spend the most. i.e. travel, restaurants, etc.
  • Chris: I understand your concern.
  • Chris: However, we don't have an option to view your transaction information based on the "spend analysis" of your purchases. Our system will not categorize your purchases online.
  • Stiga9oh ok thanks
  • Stiga9Is there anything similar?
  • Chris: The only option is to click on "My Citi" tab, then click on "View recent transactions" tab under "Quick tasks" option to view your transaction online.
  • Stiga9ok thanks. So this goes for all Citi cards? or just my AAdvantage card?
  • Chris: Yes, this applies for all the credit cards.
  • Stiga9Ok thanks. Have a good day!
Message 14 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:
  • You are now chatting with 'Chris' from Citibank, N.A.
  • Chris: Good evening, welcome to Citi Live Chat. How may I help you today?
  • Stiga9: Hi
  • Stiga9I was wondering if there was a place online I can see a "spend analysis" of my purchases?
  • Stiga9basically which categories I spend the most. i.e. travel, restaurants, etc.
  • Chris: I understand your concern.
  • Chris: However, we don't have an option to view your transaction information based on the "spend analysis" of your purchases. Our system will not categorize your purchases online.
  • Stiga9oh ok thanks
  • Stiga9Is there anything similar?
  • Chris: The only option is to click on "My Citi" tab, then click on "View recent transactions" tab under "Quick tasks" option to view your transaction online.
  • Stiga9ok thanks. So this goes for all Citi cards? or just my AAdvantage card?
  • Chris: Yes, this applies for all the credit cards.
  • Stiga9Ok thanks. Have a good day!

ROTFL

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 15 of 21
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Well, there's always Chase or Amex... Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Well, there's always Chase or Amex... Smiley Happy

lol. Yeah, I definitely prefer Chase and Amex but I want to build a bunch of AA miles (Citi) before they devalue their reward system. I guess Amex SPG earn AA miles as well (for now).

Message 17 of 21
blondy250
Established Contributor

Obviously that rep is misinformed, like I've and others have stated I have very detailed spending analysis pie charts, spreadsheets on all my accounts through the Citibank online. I take a screen shot but obvoiusly don't want to post personal info.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
Message 18 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

This is what appears for me, its the most detailed analysis I have available for an account I have. FYI I use Citi for my banking (checking/savings) along with credit card (TYP) so maybe I have different options available through my combined Citi site.

I don't have a checking or savings relationship with Citi. Just a credit card.

Well, I have that card as well (5x version) and I don't get that menu item, so it must be something else.    (Not that I need detailed spend analysis, it's about 93% CVS, 7% WholeFoods on that card, $20K per month)

Message 19 of 21
blondy250
Established Contributor

heres a screen shot, it becomes more detailed as click on each section.

Fico 8 12/9/17
No inquires since 2014
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.