cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Confirmed No Preset Spending Limit is Gone...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi Confirmed No Preset Spending Limit is Gone...

So I have the Citi AA WEMC and I called to ask a question about the NPSL and the frontline rep put me on hold and came back and said that its not being offered to anyone anymore, 

So ALL their cards now have hard limits

I called the # on the back of my card...1-888-766-2484

Can anyone else confirm this ?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Confirmed No Preset Spending Limit is Gone...

I have only gone near a limit once and that was RH for some chandeliers with their promo.  Try to keep all cards below 20%.  Never maxed out a prime card.  Too chicken! 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

So I have the Citi AA WEMC and I called to ask a question about the NPSL and the frontline rep put me on hold and came back and said that its not being offered to anyone anymore, 

Is this specific to this card?  Does this mean similar how the cards show up on reports as "Flexible Spending"?

Message 3 of 18
Berk
Established Contributor

Last time I checked my credit report my WEMC from Citi was listed as Flexible Spending. Makes no difference to me one way or the other since I too will never come close to maxing that limit.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the AA WEMC and it reports as flexible spending on my CR as well
Message 5 of 18
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Apparently, it can't be "ALL" of their credit cards if mine still have the feature. The representative is either wrong or misconstrued as I still have flexible spending/no preset spending limits on my Citi cards as of today. 

In my opinion, customers expect more from Citi (in the form of card features and service) than they probably would from the banks that have been removing flexible spending limits from their credit cards, namely Comenity; so I would have a hard time believing that Citi would continue that trend and remove the feature from all of their WMC/WEMC/VS credit cards. The Double Cash has been the only anomaly I have personally encountered with this, however, with the card having a WMC/WEMC designation but not having a flexible spending limit. 

Message 6 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The same thing with my Double Cash card also

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 18
Berk
Established Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
The same thing with my Double Cash card also

Do you still have flexible spending or has Citi removed that option on your card?

Message 8 of 18
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I checked my CR from April 29 & May 29, flexible spending is not stated on either report

Message 9 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Berk wrote:

Last time I checked my credit report my WEMC from Citi was listed as Flexible Spending. Makes no difference to me one way or the other since I too will never come close to maxing that limit.

Everything except DP and Cap One is flex spend limit on personal and business credit (oh, and lowly CU card, Amazon PrimeSmiley Wink).  I will not go over as well, just kill me if I charge that much.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.