Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere $55 Signup Bonus for Executive Member

tag
python0704
New Contributor

Citi Costco Anywhere $55 Signup Bonus for Executive Member

Yesterday when I shopped at Costco I saw there is a in store $55 signup bonus for executive members until Apr 9. As far as I can remember it's the highest promo Costco has for its credit card. Although not sure it applies to household member. And It doesn't attract a lot of applicants considers that mainly only gold star members on the verge of upgrading to executive and doesn't already have costco cc will give it a shot. The pool is relatively small. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere $55 Signup Bonus for Executive Member

I fall within the parameters of said "pool." Specifically meaning, I am an active Executive Club Costco Member that DOES NOT have the Citi Costco Card.  

I saw the same promotion your referring to, applied, and got the "Middle Finger" from Citi. 

Citi hates me. 😕

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 7
Azza
Regular Contributor

I am about to apply for the Citi Costco card. Any particular reason that City hates you?

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 3 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

I fall within the parameters of said "pool." Specifically meaning, I am an active Executive Club Costco Member that DOES NOT have the Citi Costco Card.  

I saw the same promotion your referring to, applied, and got the "Middle Finger" from Citi. 

Citi hates me. 😕

I was preapproved for their Costco Visa earlier this year. In fact, applying for it brought me out of the garden after 9 months.

Instant decline. I've replaced them with other lenders that are more generous with their credit limits. 

Message 4 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

It's also possible (and generally more rewarding) to app for something with a real bonus and then PC to Costco.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought since Costco was a co-branded card you couldn't PC to it...?
Message 6 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought since Costco was a co-branded card you couldn't PC to it...?

That's a rule at several banks, but not Citi. Earlier this year I converted an AA Platinum MC into the Costco Visa. The process took two months, like most Citi PCs. There's also a rule that the account needs to be open for at least a year before you PC, but it's possible to time it to avoid the second-year AF.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.