Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Product Change - Updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Product Change - Updates

Hey everyone!

I haven't followed up on this matter in a while, but today I called Citi and was informed by an EO to wait 1-2 months as they are working on making the other Citi cards allow conversions to the new Citi Costco card. I thought I would make this thread to keep others posted who are looking to do the same. I'm hoping to convert my TYP to the new Costco card. Will keep everyone posted as I follow up!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Product Change - Updates

Another data point to report if it helps- my Citi DC was at $2600 when I received my Costco card of 5k on 6/20. At the time they would not allow me to transfer any of my costco cl to my DC. Yesterday I took a hard pull to get my DC to 10k, then requested an increase on my Costco card.. They drclined but offered to transfer a portion of my DC cl to my Costco account...

TL;DR? It appears they are now allowing card members to transfer credit limits between cards, at least from Costco to DC when they would not allow the opposite 1 1/2 months ago.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Another data point to report if it helps- my Citi DC was at $2600 when I received my Costco card of 5k on 6/20. At the time they would not allow me to transfer any of my costco cl to my DC. Yesterday I took a hard pull to get my DC to 10k, then requested an increase on my Costco card.. They drclined but offered to transfer a portion of my DC cl to my Costco account...

TL;DR? It appears they are now allowing card members to transfer credit limits between cards, at least from Costco to DC when they would not allow the opposite 1 1/2 months ago.

oh that's interesting to hear! It seems like they are working on making costco *play nice* with other cards now lol/

Message 3 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm hoping that's the case.  I'm wanting to transfer the CL from the Costco to my Premier and close the Costco. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 9
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm hoping that's the case.  I'm wanting to transfer the CL from the Costco to my Premier and close the Costco. 

I would like to do the same for my Prestige. They gave me $10k on Costco Citi, but won't budge on my Prestige that sits at $7k. I'd rather have my Prestige at $10k. It has an APR at 8.74%.

Message 5 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone!

I haven't followed up on this matter in a while, but today I called Citi and was informed by an EO to wait 1-2 months as they are working on making the other Citi cards allow conversions to the new Citi Costco card. I thought I would make this thread to keep others posted who are looking to do the same. I'm hoping to convert my TYP to the new Costco card. Will keep everyone posted as I follow up!

Interesting.   I'm guessing they're getting a lot of feedback on this topic.   I'm hoping this also means they'll allow PCs from Costco down the road, too.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It would be interesting because typically it's basically impossible to PC into or out of a cobranded card with any bank unless it's in the same "family" of cards. So allowing something like Aadvantage to the lower Aadvantage Gold version makes sense. But going from say, Double Cash to Costco, would be a first AFAIK.

Some banks will allow you to go from a cobranded to a core card but very rarely do I see the other way around.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seemed like a pretty solid offer.. He was a credit analyst and seemed pretty competent. Denied the CLI on the Costco card, but offered to transfer any amount of my DC to my costco card. He even suggested transferring $2500 to make it $7500 a piece. I didn't ask or accept, he was being proactive about all of it.
Message 8 of 9
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

It would be interesting because typically it's basically impossible to PC into or out of a cobranded card with any bank unless it's in the same "family" of cards. So allowing something like Aadvantage to the lower Aadvantage Gold version makes sense. But going from say, Double Cash to Costco, would be a first AFAIK.

Some banks will allow you to go from a cobranded to a core card but very rarely do I see the other way around.

From what i have seen Citi will allow you to PC to whatever card you want minus the Foward and Simplicity as long as its a "Citi" card. What i mean by that is any card that is on their website and is a "citi" card. Unlike the Bestbuy card which is done by citi as well but it is only backed by them.  This would go for the sears card as well?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.