Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Visa 6 month Anniversary Recap

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Visa 6 month Anniversary Recap

Haven't they started to allow PCs to Costco?

It seems better to app for something with a nice bonus, then PC to Costco.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so glad you posted this topic, I have been debating apping for this one as well next summer and am quite interested in everyone's profile who has this card.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for the card the first day and was approved for 6k. They used equifax 730 and I think I had 4 or 5 inquiries. Thin file w/ oldest account like 2 years old. No baddies. Recently got a CLI to 7.4k.

As for the card, I love it. I use it for Costco/Costco Gas and dining and if I need to use a Visa.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with a 3 year old chapter 7 (where I burned Citi). I was approved for $8,500. EQ FICO was about 725. Had about 10 new accounts in the year with 6 inquires. Was approved for the Best Buy Citi Visa a day later.

I have loved it. I used it for all my restaurant purchases, Costco gas, and had my 4K's free 2 year warranty from Costco extended to 4 years because I purchased it with this card. I also got a price rewind on that TV and got back $300+. Love this card.
Message 14 of 22
wallstreet177
Contributor

I apped back in October.  Approved with a $3000 SL.  Score was probably around 660 at the time.  Two unpaid CO and one unpaid collection on the reports. Low limits at the time but I had utilization at around 2%.  Card has been great so far.  Always use it for gas dining and at Costco.  2% on costco purchases stacked with 2% as an executive member means 4% back at costco.  Looking forward to April when I can hopefully get a CLI.  

My favorite benefit of the card is the extended warranty.  They will add 2 years to the back end of most items that have a warranty.  This includes if you buya seperate extended warranty.  

For example: I bought a 55" samsung from costco which comes with a 2 year warranty (1 year from Samsung, 1 year from Costco).  I purchased a 3 year squaretrade warranty with the TV for 59.99.  Citi adds 2 years to the back end of all those years.  So I have a 7 year warranty on this TV.  Pretty great perk in my book!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hubby's C7 bk was d/c July, 2014, and he did burn Citi.  Applied last month, and was approved instantly with a CL of $5.5K.  He has opened at least 15 accounts during his rebuild (store and bank cards), so many inquiries between the three bureaus.  

Before he applied for this card, he had finished off closing his last store card.  Between Penfed, Discover and Cap One, his CL's at the time totalled around $65K, with approx 4% util reporting. I can't recall his exact Fico 08 scores at the time he app'd (they constantly move up and down during the month), but they have been as high as 700 and as low as the 670's.

DH's reported income is $94K.  Although his account is new, the request a credit limit increase option is showing up on his online account.  It states that no hp will be done.  He has used his card heavily the last two weeks, and has made payments.  He attempted a cli yesterday, and he was denied.  I've read on previous posts that a few who have gotten in with a Bk are having difficulties getting increases.  Now his denial may have been that it's just too new of a card, but I'm thinking his Bk is playing a roll in this.  Can totally understand Citi's caution, and he's just very grateful that they opened their doors to him. It's going to take some time before he can app for their DC card, and that's just something for him to look forward to someday.

Good luck to you when you do decide to apply! It's a great card! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 22
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved with a 3 year old chapter 7 (where I burned Citi). I was approved for $8,500. EQ FICO was about 725. Had about 10 new accounts in the year with 6 inquires. Was approved for the Best Buy Citi Visa a day later.

I have loved it. I used it for all my restaurant purchases, Costco gas, and had my 4K's free 2 year warranty from Costco extended to 4 years because I purchased it with this card. I also got a price rewind on that TV and got back $300+. Love this card.

Good info! Looks like Citi will approve a co branded card with less than Stellar credit. My profile is definitely not clean, but definitely on the rise. Good info!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 17 of 22
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@wallstreet177 wrote:

I apped back in October.  Approved with a $3000 SL.  Score was probably around 660 at the time.  Two unpaid CO and one unpaid collection on the reports. Low limits at the time but I had utilization at around 2%.  Card has been great so far.  Always use it for gas dining and at Costco.  2% on costco purchases stacked with 2% as an executive member means 4% back at costco.  Looking forward to April when I can hopefully get a CLI.  

My favorite benefit of the card is the extended warranty.  They will add 2 years to the back end of most items that have a warranty.  This includes if you buya seperate extended warranty.  

For example: I bought a 55" samsung from costco which comes with a 2 year warranty (1 year from Samsung, 1 year from Costco).  I purchased a 3 year squaretrade warranty with the TV for 59.99.  Citi adds 2 years to the back end of all those years.  So I have a 7 year warranty on this TV.  Pretty great perk in my book!

That's a great starting limit with those negatives still showing. I have a bk and collection still showing. So there's light at the end of the tunnel. 

That extended warranty is a great idea. 7 year warranty it's unheard of these days. Congrats on your card!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 22
yfan
Valued Contributor

My card was changed over from Amex, so I didn't really have to do anything to get it. I'd say Citi has treated me pretty well - I have 2 other cards with them - though at $8500, the limit is now getting to be one of my lowest. Not complaining, and I don't need much more on the card, but it'd be nice to get it to 5 figures.

Message 19 of 22
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

My card was changed over from Amex, so I didn't really have to do anything to get it. I'd say Citi has treated me pretty well - I have 2 other cards with them - though at $8500, the limit is now getting to be one of my lowest. Not complaining, and I don't need much more on the card, but it'd be nice to get it to 5 figures.

I would be happy with 1/3 of your $8,500 😀😀

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.