Citi Costco Visa cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Visa cashback

hey guys, 

On citi Costco Visa card, 

"Cash back will be provided as an annual credit card reward certificate" 

So the cashback is only redeemable at the END of the YEAR? And only at Costco?  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Visa cashback

I believe it is 1 year after your card opening date. You probably won't get the CB instantly, maybe 2-3 weeks after the anniversary. At least that is the way Sam's Club runs their CC. Kinda speculating since I am not a Costco member or a Costco CC holder. 

Message 2 of 11
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys, 

On my anniversary month, I receive a certificate.  Last year, it was a paper certificate.  This year, it was emailed.  I take it in, buy a pack of eggs or something else cheap and get the change back.  I always thought I had to use it and just get the change.  Last week, I saw someone present her certificate to the cashier, who then cashed it out to her.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys, 

On my anniversary month, I receive a certificate.  Last year, it was a paper certificate.  This year, it was emailed.  I take it in, buy a pack of eggs or something else cheap and get the change back.  I always thought I had to use it and just get the change.  Last week, I saw someone present her certificate to the cashier, who then cashed it out to her.

Thanks! so literally cash back lol

Message 4 of 11
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

I opened my account December 2018 and received my certificate (emailed) February 2019.

If you read the account terms it tells you you'll get the certificate after your February statement cuts. For me it was about 10 days after my statement issued.

If you are an executive member your 2% cash back is issued with your renewal notice. Both the credit card certificate and executive cash back can be used to purchase goods (in warehouse) or cashed at the service desk. You can even put it towards the renewal fees if you renew in warehouse before it automatically charges to your card.
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 5 of 11
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys, 

- Jan 1st of every year your Costco rewards clears out and your rewards clock starts over.

- February you receive your Citi Costco Rewards Certificate redeemable in Costco for either anything Costco (*ie goods or membership) or you can choose Cash in hand.

- February/March you receive your Costco Rewards Certificate (a separate certificate if you have the Costco Executive 2% Membership). Also redeemable in Costco for anything Costco or you can choose cash in hand.

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 6 of 11
Andypanda
Established Contributor

You can cash the certificate at Costco, and use it wherever you want. Or it can be used like a gift certificate at cos. But initial action has to be at Costco.

note: if your aviator means you’re Canadian, I’m not sure if things work differently up there.

Message 7 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys, 

- Jan 1st of every year your Costco rewards clears out and your rewards clock starts over.

- February you receive your Citi Costco Rewards Certificate redeemable in Costco for either anything Costco (*ie goods or membership) or you can choose Cash in hand.

- February/March you receive your Costco Rewards Certificate (a separate certificate if you have the Costco Executive 2% Membership). Also redeemable in Costco for anything Costco or you can choose cash in hand.

Good Luck!

The 2% from Costco is issued about 3 months before your renewal, so the date you receive it is actually going to vary based upon your membership anniversary. The Citi cashback certificate is issued with your Feb statement every year. That one is the same for all.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think an Experian of 680, Tu 675 Equifax 630-640 would get a Citi or Costco card?
Message 9 of 11
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@CramEiko wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys, 

Good Luck!

The 2% from Costco is issued about 3 months before your renewal, so the date you receive it is actually going to vary based upon your membership anniversary. The Citi cashback certificate is issued with your Feb statement every year. That one is the same for all.

My membership is renewed in May so that makes sence why I got mine early March. - Thanks

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.