cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Credit limit increase

tag
Ravensfan899

Citi Credit limit increase

On the Citi credit limit increase page it says "Based on your response, you could be approved instantly without a credit bureau report" Is this a soft pull all the way or does it turn into a hard pull if it's not approved instantly?

6 REPLIES 6
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Credit limit increase

@Ravensfan899 wrote:

On the Citi credit limit increase page it says "Based on your response, you could be approved instantly without a credit bureau report" Is this a soft pull all the way or does it turn into a hard pull if it's not approved instantly?

Very perceptive of you to notice the language where they say "could". I would take it to mean exactly as you suspect where if it's instant, perhaps only a SP but otherwise a HP. Hard call whether to proceed or not depending on how concerned you are withthe HP.

Message 2 of 7
jojo79
Regular Contributor

@Ravensfan899 wrote:

It will be a SP; thankfully Citi is very upfront about whether they will need a HP. If they need to do a HP, they will specifically state that and ask for your confirmation before doing so.

Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Ravensfan899 wrote:

The only way you can be assured of it's being soft pull all the way is if it contains this specific language:

"We will not obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request"

If it does not contain those exact words, you can't be sure.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 7
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Ravensfan899 wrote:

The only way you can be assured of it's being soft pull all the way is if it contains this specific language:

"We will not obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request"

If it does not contain those exact words, you can't be sure.

Well if you freeze your reports you can count on them not getting a HP out of you...of course then you won't get your CLI either but then you know for sure.

3/3/24
Message 5 of 7
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@Ravensfan899 I had the same language on both Citi Double Cash and Citi Costco limit increase requests.

Both requests were approved with all three reports on ice.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 6 of 7
Ravensfan899

Better to be safe than sorry. If I request one I'll freeze my reports

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.