Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash Card

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Citi Custom Cash Card

Citi has a new product offering, the Custom Cash Card.

From the website:

Earn 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle, up to the first $500 spent, 1% cash back thereafter

5% eligible categories: Restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select travel, select transit, select streaming services, drugstores, home improvement stores, fitness clubs, live entertainment.²

Earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases

Citi Custom CashSM Card

Sign-up bonus info:

Earn $200 in cash back after you spend $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.²

This offer will be fulfilled as 20,000 ThankYou® Points, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.

Get 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness.* Balance Transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.

Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each credit card balance transfer, whichever is greater.*

Citi will only issue one Citi Custom Cash℠ Card account per person. You will qualify for the bonus offer only if you have not received a bonus offer for opening a new Citi Custom Cash℠ Card in the past 48 months.

Direct link:  https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-custom-cash-credit-card 

Message 1 of 550
549 REPLIES 549
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash Card

This is actually pretty good for a card. In fact I'm downright suspicious lol

Anyone know Citi's rules for PCing to new releases? Thinking of maybe changing my Diamond Preferred to this

Message 2 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is an interesting new offering.  For those who have modest spend in a category like groceries, it might be a good fit. 

A few things are notable; 'Bookstores' is not a category (so no 5% off Amazon - a comparison to the old Sallie Mae came to mind here) and Walmart is excluded from the grocery category. 

I have too much recent activity to apply for it, but I might consider doing a PC of my Rewards+ MasterCard if they'll let me.  I'll have to think about that a bit. 🤔

Message 3 of 550
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the new FOTM

Message 4 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

Anyone know Citi's rules for PCing to new releases? Thinking of maybe changing my Diamond Preferred to this

Great minds think alike!  I'm thinking of PCing my Rewards+. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 550
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wow I'm very amazed! How long could this card last tho?

Message 6 of 550
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

It's basically a Freedom/Flex/Discover IT/*insert 5% rotating category card* so forever? I don't see this going away at all

Message 7 of 550
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Dang it, I took a break from myFICO Forums for a few months and the first thread I see is about a tempting new product by Citi lmao 🤣

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 550
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Great minds think alike!  I'm thinking of PCing my Rewards+. Smiley Very Happy

Indeed, @Remedios would be proud 😂

If I was one to take advantage of BT offers and the like I'd keep the DP but the small spending offers they send aren't enticing enough compared to the rewards structure of this card

Message 9 of 550
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

It's basically a Freedom/Flex/Discover IT/*insert 5% rotating category card* so forever? I don't see this going away at all

Sounds about right! Dang gonna have to cop this!

Message 10 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.