Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash Card

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash Card

@Citylights18 wrote:

What about the Thank You points? Can you exchange them 1 to 1 with all of the Citi airline partners?

If you could it might make more sense than a Rewards+

That would be a pretty significant change as while the no-AF TYP earners get you access to the Citi travel portal at least up until now they haven't supported the ability to transfer them to travel partners.  Only the AF cards like the Premier and Prestige have been able to do that.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 21 of 550
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's nice to see lenders trying to do fresh concepts instead of the same old thing. I agree Amex is the weakest in no annual fee cards at this point. They need to step it up if they want that demographic. 

This card from Citi is interesting and it does fill a niche. I am not as excited as some, due to the cap and the reward potential being fairly limited (purchases like travel or major home improvement projects are not frequently going to be below $500), but again, it's something different. At the least, worth converting a less useful card to. With the cap limiting you to $25 per month in bonus rewards I don't think the card will have to be nerfed or go away. 

Message 22 of 550
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

Now I REALLY want Sears/Kmart to go out of business so I might be able to convert my Sears/Thank You Rewards Mastercard into this new Custom Cash Card. Smiley Happy

Nooooooooooo...... Citi keeps throwing lucrative promos my way, my Sears MC is a big TYP earner.

I can see myself potentially converting my DC over though.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 23 of 550
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Such a good card ...

Why should I resist?

Are dark green circles important?

Message 24 of 550
BigBS
Senior Contributor

I have received the mailers about switching my Simplicity to Rewards + and glad I did not bite. If PC is possible could make for a better option.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 25 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Doctor of Credit has an article up on the new card:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-launches-custom-cash-card-5x-points-cash-on-up-to-500-spend-per-... 

In the comments someone attempted to do a PC and was told it wasn't available yet, which isn't surprising given that the card has only been offered for a few hours and of course Citi's antiquated IT will take some time to catch-up.

Message 26 of 550
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

What about the Thank You points? Can you exchange them 1 to 1 with all of the Citi airline partners?

That would be a pretty significant change as while the no-AF TYP earners get you access to the Citi travel portal at least up until now they haven't supported the ability to transfer them to travel partners.  Only the AF cards like the Premier and Prestige have been able to do that.

I pulled up a Flyertalk thread that specifically discusses current status regarding abiltiy to transfer TYP to airline partners.   Citi Preferred or Rewards+ cardholders can now transfer TYP to JetBlue (and only JetBlue) but at a 1000 TYP:500 JetBlue rate, with an AF card the transfer rate is 1000 TYP:800 JetBlue points.     With an AF card you can transfer to other travel partners at a 1:1 ratio.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 27 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Such a good card ...

Why should I resist?

Are dark green circles important?

I feel your pain, @kilroy8... for me it's all about math.  I like dark green circles as much as the next person, but I like cash a lot more.  The question for me is when to "use" my dark green circles to get the most 'bang for the buck'. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

I pulled up a Flyertalk thread that specifically discusses current status regarding abiltiy to transfer TYP to airline partners.   Citi Preferred or Rewards+ cardholders can now transfer TYP to JetBlue (and only JetBlue) but at a 1000 TYP:500 JetBlue rate, with an AF card the transfer rate is 1000 TYP:800 JetBlue points.     With an AF card you can transfer to other travel partners at a 1:1 ratio.

And we have our answer ^^^.  Smiley Very Happy worthy.gif

Message 29 of 550
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Wish the reward is straight cash instead of TYP, since it gives Citi the option to devalue it later on (which is what happened to Citi Forward before Citi dropped the axe on it).

That said, this card has the potential to give AMEX BCE a run of their money.

Message 30 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.