Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash Card

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash Card

@Anonymous wrote:

can you cashout the TYPs at any amount?

I'd expect it would be a $25 minimum like the DC.

Message 151 of 550
calyx
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

I think the potential problem with it for many on My Fico is that we may already have the 5% categories covered all or part of the year at 5% or sometimes very close to it at 4% or 3%.  Most of us who spend $500 (or more) in a spending category have already added cards that optimize our rewards in that area.  So there might be a question of diminishing rewards and how much incremental value we can get from adding this card beyond the SUB.  

I agree.   One area that is niche but could be valuable for some is drug stores.   (As you youngsters get older, you might start visiting those more)  CFF and CFU covering them now uncapped at 3% (in URs for that matter) reduce the value, but 5% up to $500 a month there will be useful for some.

Or you know, just go get a job with a healthcare system who has an internal store and makes it part of the perks Smiley Very Happy

I do agree that a lot of people might be more enthusiastic about it than they should be because "5%!!!!!!!", but for those of us where it plugs an occasional hole (especially with the ability to focus spend monthly vs quarterly), it is really nice.

I still maintain that from a psychological standpoint, I think it's a really good play by Citi.   Most of my credit-muggle friends think my credit gaming is insane and just want one card and only one card  (mr c only tentatively barely has two cards due to my evil influence).  You tell them that they get 5% back on their highest category without having to do anything, and they'll think it's the bee's knees no matter how much math (or maybe because of how much math) you can throw at them.   If Amazon leaves Chase and the card doesn't follow to the new portfolio holder, I guarantee I can get at least 3 people on board with this card, though I can name a card that would fit any of their spends better than their current amazon.

edited to add: dear mods, i'm sorry, it's past my bedtime and my English needed a lot of repair work < but not that butchery, that stays.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 152 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never done it before (so take this with a grain of salt) but it looks like I'm able to cash-out in any amount. 

I went through the motions of cashing out my entire balance, and it let me go all the way to the end:

CitiCashOut.jpg

If it's possible to put TYPs earned with a Double Cash over into the Rewards+ (or Custom Cash) TYP account this could be helpful.

Message 153 of 550
calyx
Super Contributor

Also, now that I've thought about the possible amazon transition and luring people to other cards, I'm really hoping that citi will come up with some nice referral bonuses.

Message 154 of 550
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@calyx wrote:

Or you know, just go get a job with a healthcare system who has an internal store and makes it part of the perks Smiley Very Happy

Too much work!   I just use a slightly soiled white coat and walk into one of my local hospital's pharmacies and take whatever is nearest.   They are all drugs so probably all work pretty similarly.

Message 155 of 550
calyx
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Too much work!   I just use a slightly soiled white coat and walk into one of my local hospital's pharmacies and take whatever is nearest.   They are all drugs so probably all work pretty similarly.

Alternatively, if almost all of your friends are vets (veterinarians, not veterans, though many are both), you get bonus drugs anyway!

(Dear kids, don't do this at home... or do, it's none of your business where I score my meloxicam)

My career specialty lands me in either healthcare/hospitals or in higher education systems (sometimes both),  perks are better on the hospital side once you hit a certain age.

Message 156 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I just looked through the Citi landing page for the card again, there's no minimum for cashing out TYPs for a statement credit or direct deposit.  (I guess the Rewards+ is that way as well and I missed the memo, LOL.)

CitiCashOut2.jpg

Message 157 of 550
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never done it before (so take this with a grain of salt) but it looks like I'm able to cash-out in any amount. 

I went through the motions of cashing out my entire balance, and it let me go all the way to the end:

CitiCashOut.jpg

If it's possible to put TYPs earned with a Double Cash over into the Rewards+ (or Custom Cash) TYP account this could be helpful.

You need to call Citi and have them combine your TYP accounts into one.

I still don't understand why this doesn't happen automatically.

Message 158 of 550
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CitiCashOut.jpg

You need to call Citi and have them combine your TYP accounts into one.

I still don't understand why this doesn't happen automatically.

Yeah, I definitely need to give them a call.  It will only be helpful, though, if I'll be able to cash-out the newly combined balance.  If they keep the points that originated with the DC separate that will defeat the purpose.  Hopefully I'll get a CSR who will be knowledgeable enough to clarify this for me.

Message 159 of 550
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

@Curious_George2
@Anonymous

Yeah Citi has a "can only get one TYP bonus every 24 months" clause that clock resets if you PC into something. However it's interesting that the Custom does not have that language. Now I'm only barred by the 1/6 and other Citi rules. Still, that's good to know.
Message 160 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.