Citi Custom Cash Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Custom Cash Card

@icednightpaper wrote:
@Curious_George2
@Anonymous

Yeah Citi has a "can only get one TYP bonus every 24 months" clause that clock resets if you PC into something. However it's interesting that the Custom does not have that language. Now I'm only barred by the 1/6 and other Citi rules. Still, that's good to know.

1/6 is much easier to overcome than 24 months at least lol

Message 161 of 550
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@icednightpaper wrote:
@Curious_George2
@Anonymous

Yeah Citi has a "can only get one TYP bonus every 24 months" clause that clock resets if you PC into something. However it's interesting that the Custom does not have that language. Now I'm only barred by the 1/6 and other Citi rules. Still, that's good to know.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. 

Yo Citi, I'll call you on the 18th. 

Message 162 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

Asked for CLI on my R+ and got turned down for too many inqs. 1/6 and 2/12 Lol.

So most likely a no go on this one. Will just PC my AA to this soon as they'll allow it or if at all.

Citi turned me down for a CLI on my premier card in April. They just issued a custom cash card with more than twice the credit line that the premier has. Go figure.

It kind of makes sense, though. A high credit line on this card is less risky if you have an applicant who is clearly a rewards optimizer, who isn't going to spend much more than $500/mo on this thing (whereas the premier is uncapped 3% on 4 categories). 

My experience suggests that Citi is trying to push this card out...the recent CLI rejection may not be a deal breaker.

Message 163 of 550
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

As is common around here, I have a spouse who has zero interest in this hobby. I recently persuaded her to accept Citi's mailed offer, pull an old Simplicity card out of the sock drawer and PC it to a DC. Immediately regretted it because the $25 redemption minimum is essentially insurmountable. 

But now... I plan to ask her to PC her DC to a Custom Cash (she'll roll her eyes at me, but I'm used to it). I will do the same with mine, and then I'll hope that the one-per-person rule doesn't stop me from adding myself as an AU on hers. Hooray for 2-player mode!

Anyone have insight on whether that will work?  I could do the AU step before her PC, if it makes a difference. 

Message 164 of 550
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Curious_George2 wrote:

As is common around here, I have a spouse who has zero interest in this hobby. I recently persuaded her to accept Citi's mailed offer, pull an old Simplicity card out of the sock drawer and PC it to a DC. Immediately regretted it because the $25 redemption minimum is essentially insurmountable. 

But now... I plan to ask her to PC her DC to a Custom Cash (she'll roll her eyes at me, but I'm used to it). I will do the same with mine, and then I'll hope that the one-per-person rule doesn't stop me from adding myself as an AU on hers. Hooray for 2-player mode!

Anyone have insight on whether that will work?  I could do the AU step before her PC, if it makes a difference. 

I don't think it makes a difference on whether you add yourself as AU before or after the PC. For now, as some members have confirmed upthread, no PCs are allowed at the moment. So, potentially, once they can allow PCs then you can entertain your options.

Message 165 of 550
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Just last week I was thumbing through Citi's selection of cards and found nothing of interest. THIS is a viable option, however! I think it's safe to say I'm firmly in the camp of cash back cards, so this would fit in nicely. Just don't know if it's enough to get me out of the garden though. At least not yet...especially since I'll finally be under 5/24 next month. 

Message 166 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if Thank You Points (TYP) can be combined and then converted to cash back?  For example, can DC TYPs be combined with Custom Cash (CC ) TYPs and then converted to cash back in the form of deposit to checking account?

Message 167 of 550
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if Thank You Points (TYP) can be combined and then converted to cash back?  For example, can DC TYPs be combined with Custom Cash (CC ) TYPs and then converted to cash back in the form of deposit to checking account?

If you have multiple TYP accounts you need to call Citi and have them combine them into one TYP account.  That way all the TYP you earn on all your cards get combined into that account.  You can then redeem however you would with the benefits of all your cards combined.

It's not like Amex where you get a new MR card and your points are automatically combined.  Seems obvious account holders would want that but unfortunately Citi doesn't do it unless you call and ask.

Message 168 of 550
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

What's Citi 1/6?

Message 169 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I just looked through the Citi landing page for the card again, there's no minimum for cashing out TYPs for a statement credit or direct deposit.  (I guess the Rewards+ is that way as well and I missed the memo, LOL.)

CitiCashOut2.jpg

YES! thanks for posting.

Message 170 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.