Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash Card

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Custom Cash Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if Thank You Points (TYP) can be combined and then converted to cash back?  For example, can DC TYPs be combined with Custom Cash (CC ) TYPs and then converted to cash back in the form of deposit to checking account?

You can indeed.  You can ask for your cards to be combined into one TYP number or you can transfer points from one card to another but I do believe there is an annual cap as to how many points that can be transferred and I do know that transferred points expire 60 from time of transfer.  

If you don't want to call you can combine your TYP numbers online yourself. 

typ combine.jpg

Message 171 of 550
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if Thank You Points (TYP) can be combined and then converted to cash back?  For example, can DC TYPs be combined with Custom Cash (CC ) TYPs and then converted to cash back in the form of deposit to checking account?

You can indeed.  You can ask for your cards to be combined into one TYP number or you can transfer points from one card to another but I do believe there is an annual cap as to how many points that can be transferred and I do know that transferred points expire 60 from time of transfer.  

typ combine.jpg

Maybe they've fixed it but I remember trying to do it through the website a couple of years ago and it just straight up didn't work... so I called them and they took care of it.

Message 172 of 550
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

typ combine.jpg

Maybe they've fixed it but I remember trying to do it through the website a couple of years ago and it just straight up didn't work... so I called them and they took care of it.

@MrDisco99  I used it recently and it works just fine.  The thing is that EVERYTHING has to match perfectly in order to do it online.  By that I mean that if you included a middle initial on one card then it has to have the same initial on any card that you're combining otherwise the system won't allow you to combine.  

I found this out because I already had a card issued by Citi and then I received a mailer and for some reason the mailer included in my middle initial.  And as I'm sure you know when applying via a mailer a lot of your info is pre-populated and I didn't give much thought to it...applied and was approved.  At that point I had a card with my first and last and then one with my first, middle initial, and last.  

Tried to combine online and got an error.  Called in and had it manually done and the representative at the time told me that the reason I couldn't combine online was because everything has to match perfectly otherwise no go.  I had him remove my middle initial on the one card as I never apply for anything and include such.  After that, all subsequent combining of card was able to be done very easily online. 

Message 173 of 550
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hm, what are the chances Citi would even remotely consider me at 4/6, 6/12, 12/24 with a 774 score and 11 year relationship?

Edit: Denied, bummer.

Assuming these are NEW accounts #'s and not INQs.

To all - I forget, what are the CITI rules as it pertains to getting one of their CCs?

New accounts I am 2/6, 7/12, & 16/24 so I am in worse shape than @Anonymous Smiley LOL (no offense)

When I got Citi-Costco they pulled EX, and INQ wise on them I am currently 1/6, 1/12, & 8/24, so I guess I have some waiting to do Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 174 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

typ combine.jpg

Thanks for verifying that points can be combined.  If I understand correctly, the annual cap applies to transfers between different account owners but not for the same owner. 

After the points are combined, can you then redeem the points for cash without devaluing the cash back?  I'm familiar with Double Cash but only as a straight cash back card.   I'm asking to see if the $25 minimum redemption on the DC can be avoided by combining points with the Custom Cash.   The scenario would be something like converting $5 cashback on DC to 500 points, combining those points with 20,000 Custom Cash points, and then redeemding the 25,000 points for $25 cash back.

Message 175 of 550
BH1985
Regular Contributor

So what's the consensus on the 24-month open/close rule and the 24-month bonus rule with this card?

I opened a Premier card in October 2019, received a SUB in October or November, and closed the card in September 2020.

Am I good to go on the SUB for this card?

Message 176 of 550
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@BH1985 wrote:

So what's the consensus on the 24-month open/close rule and the 24-month bonus rule with this card?

I opened a Premier card in October 2019, received a SUB in October or November, and closed the card in September 2020.

Am I good to go on the SUB for this card?

According to the language it would appear the Custom Cash is governed by a different algorithm from the other TYP cards.  Custom Cash is not listed in the 24-month rule for the Premier, Prestige, and Rewards+ cards, and the Custom Cash doesn't mention any of the other cards in its rules.  So you're probably good to go.

Bear in mind, though, the Custom Cash rule is 48 months, not 24.

Message 177 of 550
okurosetta
Regular Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

New accounts I am 2/6, 7/12, & 16/24 so I am in worse shape than @Anonymous Smiley LOL (no offense)

You're a bit worse on /12 and /24, but better on /6, and based on what I am seeing so far /6 might be what matters most.

I'm definitely interested in the card and will try to squeeze it in before Cash+. Right now I'm 3/6, 8/12, 14/24 and I'm thinking I'll wait until mid-November when I will be 0/6, 4/12, 11/24. This will prime me to be 0/6, 1/12, 8/24 when I apply for Cash+.

Future P2
Chopping Block Chopped
Message 178 of 550
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I looked at the card and lost interest in it.  US Bank cash +,  Max Cash or Chase Freedom Flex is better in my opinion. The reason why is the 5% is on one eligible category that you spent the highest amout in that month (upto $500) everything else is 1%. The other cards I mentioned the eligible amount you spend is 2000 per quarter Citi is 1500.  At least with the other cards you can earn more the 1%  with the other catagories not to mention Cash+ and Max Cash have two 5% catagories of your choosing.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 179 of 550
Anonymous
Not applicable

@okurosetta wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

You're a bit worse on /12 and /24, but better on /6, and based on what I am seeing so far /6 might be what matters most.

I'm definitely interested in the card and will try to squeeze it in before Cash+. Right now I'm 3/6, 8/12, 14/24 and I'm thinking I'll wait until mid-November when I will be 0/6, 4/12, 11/24. This will prime me to be 0/6, 1/12, 8/24 when I apply for Cash+.

Go for Cash+ first. Citi will put you in timeout for 6 months but US Bank will put you there for a whole year if they decline you for new accounts. While they seem to have loosened up a bit in recent months, there was a time that 1/12 was an auto decline not too long ago and recon was not a guarantee for approval. 

Message 180 of 550
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.