Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Customer service

tag
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Citi Customer service

Is there a phone number for stateside customer service or is India the only option? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Customer service

Call the back of your cardSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Call the back of your cardSmiley Wink

I did, I got Bangladesh.

Message 3 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The number on the back of your card is specifically for that product. 

Message 4 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Did you attempt to use the customer service number listed on the website assuming it's different than the one from your card?

Message 5 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

What's the problem, is there something we can do to help?

Message 6 of 9
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

Is there a phone number for stateside customer service or is India the only option? 

You have to have CitiGold to get any kind of decent customer service. 

Message 7 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@VPExecutive wrote:

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

Even without CitiGold, I usually got domestic CSRs on the phone. That didn't stop several of them from being idiots, however.

After one idiot disabled my online access (I needed help linking credit cards with a new checking account) I had to go to a nearby branch where it took the staff about 30 minutes to figure out how to undo whatever the phone rep had done. Another domestic phone rep told me my card had been returned to them as undeliverable (it arrived normally the next day).

I don't think I've had to call Citi about anything in about 21 months, though. Their share of my spend has fallen significantly with nerfs. Maybe base customer service is now all offshore.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 9
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

Even without CitiGold, I usually got domestic CSRs on the phone. That didn't stop several of them from being idiots, however.

After one idiot disabled my online access (I needed help linking credit cards with a new checking account) I had to go to a nearby branch where it took the staff about 30 minutes to figure out how to undo whatever the phone rep had done. Another domestic phone rep told me my card had been returned to them as undeliverable (it arrived normally the next day).

I don't think I've had to call Citi about anything in about 21 months, though. Their share of my spend has fallen significantly with nerfs. Maybe base customer service is now all offshore.

Very true. I tried to add a Premier I used to have to Apple Pay on my phone (this was before they had contactless on their cards). I couldn't verify with any other method besides calling into Citi. The rep asked for my phone number, I gave it to her. She said she couldn't send a verification code to MY OWN phone number. Afterwhich, she said she was locking my card. 

It look another 2-3 reps to unlock my card. The next rep made a comment about how the previous rep should've used other verification methods. I pretty much told them if I didn't value the Premier so much, I would've closed it that day. 

CitiGold reps, however, seem pretty knowledgable and helpful. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.