Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC / Amazon 0% promo

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Citi DC / Amazon 0% promo

Just got this email from Citi. I'm not sure if it's targeted, or for all DC cards.

0% promo APR w/ fixed payments on Amazon purchases over $100, thru 10/31. You can decide how many months to spread it out for during checkout at Amazon.

• $100+: 3 equal monthly payments
  • $149+: 3-6 equal monthly payments
  • $300+: 3-12 equal monthly payments
  • $600+: 3-24 equal monthly payments

Great time to do some early christmas shopping (or get yourself that new DJI drone I know you've been wanting Smiley Very Happy), and get your 2% cashback plus no interest for up to 2 years!

Using $600 / 24 months as an example, you'd pay $25 per month for 24 months, and no interest on it (but don't forget that you would, of course, still be charged interest on any other carried balances)

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi DC / Amazon 0% promo

I wonder what Citi uses to determine offers.  Do you use the DC card as a daily driver or are they trying to entice you to use it?

Message 2 of 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

Just got this email from Citi. I'm not sure if it's targeted, or for all DC cards.

0% promo APR w/ fixed payments on Amazon purchases over $100, thru 10/31. You can decide how many months to spread it out for during checkout at Amazon.

• $100+: 3 equal monthly payments
  • $149+: 3-6 equal monthly payments
  • $300+: 3-12 equal monthly payments
  • $600+: 3-24 equal monthly payments

Great time to do some early christmas shopping (or get yourself that new DJI drone I know you've been wanting Smiley Very Happy), and get your 2% cashback plus no interest for up to 2 years!

Using $600 / 24 months as an example, you'd pay $25 per month for 24 months, and no interest on it (but don't forget that you would, of course, still be charged interest on any other carried balances)

I would say targeted. Nice promo for holiday shopping. Of course the promo starts right after Prime Day. 😊 

Message 3 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@fatcomic wrote:

I wonder what Citi uses to determine offers.  Do you use the DC card as a daily driver or are they trying to entice you to use it?

I used to use it as a daily driver, until I got my CSR and then switched to using my CFU as my daily driver, a few months ago. So maybe they're just trying to win me over again? Aside from a couple recurring monthly subscriptions, I haven't charged anything else to my DC in a few months, it's actually not even in my wallet anymore.

Message 4 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I would say targeted. Nice promo for holiday shopping. Of course the promo starts right after Prime Day. 😊 

I'm sure that wasn't an accident, haha

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

While this Amazon offer may be targeted, Citi does offer a similar program as Amex where charges of $100 or more can be placed in "Flex-Pay", where a person can choose from specific payment plan options. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that offer too but fat chance on me financing anything on a $1900 limit. :/

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this offer as well.

Message 8 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I hardly use My Citi DC cards  ..

no email promo offers, but they show up on Amazon when selecting payment options.

Also American Express shows 10% off ($10 Cap) When you use a couple rewards points.

Message 9 of 13
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Strangely, when I went to go use this feature, it is not showing up for me. I had deleted my DC card from my Amazon wallet some time ago, and I just added it back in today, but the only option it's giving me is "pay with Thank You points". No dropdown menu for selecting a financing plan.

Weird.

But it may have just saved me from making a purchase that I probably shouldn't have Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.