Citi DC CLI?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi DC CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
^^^^
It's when you get a increase with a SP normally 6 or 12 month intervals.
Right after they give it to you, request more on a HP. Most of the SP increases are small..$1400 or so. You'll see the option to ask for more. I opted for the HP and my Citi DC went from $3000 to $20,000.
But I thought Citi only gives CLIs in 6 mo intervals, SP or HP. Could I get the SP increase and then immediately go for the HP increase? Didn't know that was possible. Also, do they counter at all? I know you can't ask for something ridiculous but say I want 10k would they give me 8k?

To answer beautiful black pearl and your questions. I requested the increase by SP.

Citi gave me an instant $1400 cli. I immediately requested $20k on a HP.

I really wasn't expecting them to give it to me. I figured they'd counteroffer. 

Don't be afraid to ask for a bit more Snorlax. You may get exactly what you requested.

Message 41 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing, started out at 2400 double pulled, increase at activation denied (no extra hp),

by december I got a phone initiated SP cli to 3800 (when all online requests were denied)

Then in feb I asked for 15 and they gave me 10.

Then last month asked for 25 in hopes of getting 20, but was denied for too many new accounts.

Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
^^^^
It's when you get a increase with a SP normally 6 or 12 month intervals.
Right after they give it to you, request more on a HP. Most of the SP increases are small..$1400 or so. You'll see the option to ask for more. I opted for the HP and my Citi DC went from $3000 to $20,000.
But I thought Citi only gives CLIs in 6 mo intervals, SP or HP. Could I get the SP increase and then immediately go for the HP increase? Didn't know that was possible. Also, do they counter at all? I know you can't ask for something ridiculous but say I want 10k would they give me 8k?

To answer beautiful black pearl and your questions. I requested the increase by SP.

Citi gave me an instant $1400 cli. I immediately requested $20k on a HP.

I really wasn't expecting them to give it to me. I figured they'd counteroffer. 

Don't be afraid to ask for a bit more Snorlax. You may get exactly what you requested.

Interesting... Thanks for the information Gmood1.

Message 43 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish citi was like Discover or even Chase. You call them and you can't understand what they're saying, low limits, pain in the butt. It's frustrating because I've started using this as my primary card, and a 3k credit limit I have to make multiple payments, 'my utilization is too high ect. I've got a 15k Chase 10k Chase, decent capital one and Discover. Heck my Buypower card I don't use as much any more except when 5% is higher.
Message 44 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me 1k in May and I have to wait 6 months until Nov at least.
Message 45 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess there's a reason they're at the bottom in all the customer satisfaction ratings/surveys.
Message 46 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@SMikulski49 wrote:

it has been lil over 6 months since I got my DC card and I tried to do it today but was denied haha. It says I have the max limit and they will have to do a HP and review my profile to consider me for me. My current limit is 24K, was wondering if anyone else got that message. 

That is a monstrous limit for the DC. I would not expect any more CL on it. Most of us with 730-750 are hovering at the 4000-7000 SL area, for reference.

I knew they were low on the starting limits, but was not aware long term that there was some impact as to CLIs.  I guess that would explain why my SOs DP is basically 2x my DCs limit.  I did not know this!  So maybe a few of my requests that were either denied or not fully granted were because of the card, not because of my profile.  Good info!

Message 47 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked my account and I have the soft pull language already! About 3 weeks shy of 6 months on the account. Time to clean up my utilization and use that luv button after all my payments clear for this month. Woohoo!
Message 48 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Checked my account and I have the soft pull language already! About 3 weeks shy of 6 months on the account. Time to clean up my utilization and use that luv button after all my payments clear for this month. Woohoo!

if amtrak is on your list then you might want to keep your eyes open for the Amex Spg card when the bonus goes back to 25k  points or higher (its at 2 nights right now, cannot transfer out) or possibly chase SPG card if it has a point bonus.  It wont be around forever.

Message 49 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

And my score dropped nearly 30 points cause util is too high on this card. I know it's temporary, but just frustrating.
Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.