Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Second Percentage?

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Citi DC Second Percentage?

Hey all,

I'm HIGHLY contemplating getting a Citi DC. I'm wondering if there is any crazy (hidden in the fine print) stipulation to getting the 2nd percentage point from purchases.

I usually pif before my statement cuts and I'm wondering if that'll (for some reason) disqualify me from earning the 2nd percentage point. I wasn't sure if they wanted you to report balance then pay it off or if you can pay it off immediately and still get the full 2%.

Probably a dumb question but I would feel even dumber if I got the card and couldn't get the full 2% back.

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC Second Percentage?

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Hey all,

I'm HIGHLY contemplating getting a Citi DC. I'm wondering if there is any crazy (hidden in the fine print) stipulation to getting the 2nd percentage point from purchases.

I usually pif before my statement cuts and I'm wondering if that'll (for some reason) disqualify me from earning the 2nd percentage point. I wasn't sure if they wanted you to report balance then pay it off or if you can pay it off immediately and still get the full 2%.

Probably a dumb question but I would feel even dumber if I got the card and couldn't get the full 2% back.

Cheers!

On the occasions when I've paid the balance before the statement cut, I received the full 2% on that statement (i.e. right away).  Also, don't redeem cash back for statement credit.  You'll lose a little bit of value on the cash back if redeemed for statement credit.

Message 2 of 5
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Hey all,

Cheers!

On the occasions when I've paid the balance before the statement cut, I received the full 2% on that statement (i.e. right away).  Also, don't redeem cash back for statement credit.  You'll lose a little bit of value on the cash back if redeemed for statement credit.

Excuse my ignorance but how is the value decreased for statement credit?

Thanks in advance for the help

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

The second 1% is based on payments.   If you use statement credit, you reduce the amount you need to pay, and thus reduce your reward for payment.   Very small impact, becomes 1.99%   but may as well avoid.

Message 4 of 5
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

The second 1% is based on payments.   If you use statement credit, you reduce the amount you need to pay, and thus reduce your reward for payment.   Very small impact, becomes 1.99%   but may as well avoid.

Oh duh. That makes total sense. If I end up getting until DC, I'll likely transfer my cash to TYP's to be used with my Custom Cash

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.