Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Targeted offer, current customer

tag
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Citi DC Targeted offer, current customer

I received a mailer offering a "promo APR" for my CURRENT Citi DC of 3.99% on all new purchases until 7/1/2019, all I have to do is opt in.

Is this a regular thing Citi does? Do they send other offers out?

However, I just noticed the due date is well past, I received it today. I will still try to opt in and keep everyone posted.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC Targeted offer, current customer

Read the back of the page and be very careful of the terms of the offer. Ensure this doesn't replace your normal purchase payment grace period (usually 25days or so).

Answer to your question is yes, Citi sends out these and BT offers all the time. At least with BT offer, if you take it, you cannot use the card for any purchase until BT is paid off, otherwise you will inccur interest immediately on purchases since grace period is replaced with the BT offer.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't speak to citi, but it is not unusual for Amex to offer things like that. I got a 9.9% APR on purchases for twelve months (iirc) from them.

I'm curious if these are targeted promos trying to encourage people that normally PiF to carry a balance.  Do you PiF each month?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the promo Apr offer for double cash at 3.99% through July 2019 and also my Citi thank you account had an offer at 0% for 6 months. Citi also regularly sends balance transfer offers for my accounts as well. There is a place in your Citi online account where you can check for current offers on your account.
Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Read the back of the page and be very careful of the terms of the offer. Ensure this doesn't replace your normal purchase payment grace period (usually 25days or so).

Answer to your question is yes, Citi sends out these and BT offers all the time. At least with BT offer, if you take it, you cannot use the card for any purchase until BT is paid off, otherwise you will inccur interest immediately on purchases since grace period is replaced with the BT offer.

Your first paragraph only applies to balance transfers.  Grace periods are not affected by taking advantage of promotional APRs, unless you make new purchases after a full statement period has gone by without paying the account in full.  That would still be negligible at the 1.9% to 5.9% these offers usually have, as you'd be paying as little as 0.15% interest while still getting 2% back.

Yes, these offers go out constantly for many of Citi's cards.  A recent near mega-thread is located here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-loves-my-loyalty-no-cli-but-low-apr-offer/m-p/5362453

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.