Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Upgraded to WEMC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC Upgraded to WEMC

I received an email this afternoon notifying me that my card is being upgraded from WMC to WEMC! I got the card when it first came out. I have been waiting for this day for a long time! Lol

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Citi DC Upgraded to WEMC

Same thing here, except I had a notice today when I logged in that I would be receiving a replacement card and would need to activate it as soon as I received it. It said the upgrade was processed on 8/2. Maybe they get more processing fees from retailers with a WEMC?

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the EliteSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
trant3
Established Contributor

@js0319 wrote:

Same thing here, except I had a notice today when I logged in that I would be receiving a replacement card and would need to activate it as soon as I received it. It said the upgrade was processed on 8/2. Maybe they get more processing fees from retailers with a WEMC?

You are now elite my friend

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine came that way and I've never used it for anything. In all honesty, the only posts I've seen are about people trying to get, or getting WEMC. Never actually seen any  shared experiences of those using the benefits. I guess  it's shiny and looks cool though.

Edit: I was curious and did a search http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Is-there-any-real-benefit-to-a-Visa-Sig-WEMC/td-p/37120...

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Shiny and cool can take ones mind of actually having to pay the plastic manSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a noob to all of this and someone who just got a DC., can someone explain the WMC and WEMC meaning here?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As a noob to all of this and someone who just got a DC., can someone explain the WMC and WEMC meaning here?

I think WEMC = World Elite Master Card.  I have three not sure about all the benefits.  I think you get extended warranty by a year for anything you purchase on the card. Plus if a merchant won't take a return they will refund your money. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.