Did you mean: 

Citi DC WEMC PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC WEMC PC?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys! I can confirm I got the upgrade to WEMC! I can also confirm that the magnetic strip is no longer shiney it's matte / blue. I'm so excited! My first WEMC Smiley Happy Hope you guys get the upgrade too!!!

Customer service (general #, chat, EO, and Twitter) confirmed with me that my account is still just World. They couldn't find anything that says my account is World Elite. Seems like I'm the only one too. Sucks man.

Wait until you get your replacement card to make sure. Also, if you got the email with the updated policy / changes your benefits are the same as a WEMC so regardless you're gonna get those benefits with that card. From experience (trust me I have history with Citi) I would just wait to see until you get the card. Reps told me my card is a WMC and not a WEMC, and sure enough when I got the card they were wrong. Not many of them know much about this topic and it doesn't seem like their systems has enough / resources for them about this topic either.

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys! I can confirm I got the upgrade to WEMC! I can also confirm that the magnetic strip is no longer shiney it's matte / blue. I'm so excited! My first WEMC Smiley Happy Hope you guys get the upgrade too!!!

Customer service (general #, chat, EO, and Twitter) confirmed with me that my account is still just World. They couldn't find anything that says my account is World Elite. Seems like I'm the only one too. Sucks man.

Wait until you get your replacement card to make sure. Also, if you got the email with the updated policy / changes your benefits are the same as a WEMC so regardless you're gonna get those benefits with that card. From experience (trust me I have history with Citi) I would just wait to see until you get the card. Reps told me my card is a WMC and not a WEMC, and sure enough when I got the card they were wrong. Not many of them know much about this topic and it doesn't seem like their systems has enough / resources for them about this topic either.

Sweet. Thanks for the reassurance dude. I've been trying since my card was issued to get it changed to a WEMC. Definitely dope to get the new benefits. I just requested a replacement, so I'll see where it goes from here.

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet. Thanks for the reassurance dude. I've been trying since my card was issued to get it changed to a WEMC. Definitely dope to get the new benefits. I just requested a replacement, so I'll see where it goes from here.

No problem, I know you feel. I was in the same exact shoes you were in! Sooner or later it will happen Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chatted today with Citi and they said I'm not getting a new card, just an upgrade in benefits with my current card.

Message 24 of 37
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I had a notification on the Citi website, and an email, that the DC benefits were changing.

They did not SPECIFICALLY say that they were changing to the WEMC, but it's the same communications I got last month, before my AAdvantage card upgraded to a WEMC.

Although I do find it funny that it might end up being a WEMC with a $500 CL.

I got that email for all of my Mastercard Citi cards...and maybe with my onr Visa?. I think thy are just changing the insurance company who is backing their benefits.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 25 of 37
norcalive
Established Member

I was approved for a Citibank DC last week and my card should be arriving soon. What qualifies you for WEMC?

My CL is 6K, so I'm thinking I won't receive that status.

Message 26 of 37
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@norcalive wrote:

I was approved for a Citibank DC last week and my card should be arriving soon. What qualifies you for WEMC?

My AAdvantage card has a $5,500 limit and is a WEMC

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@norcalive wrote:

A WEMC is SUPPOSED to be over $5k (but there has been a lot of reports of much lower limits).  Having a CL over $5k doesn't guarentee a WEMC, tho.  It depends on which cards offer that line.  

I did find some information on the Mastercard site.  I believe it's mastercard dot us.  Or just google WEMC.

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

My citi double cash credit line is $800 and is wemc. 

Message 29 of 37
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@norcalive wrote:

A WEMC is SUPPOSED to be over $5k (but there has been a lot of reports of much lower limits).  Having a CL over $5k doesn't guarentee a WEMC, tho.  It depends on which cards offer that line.  

I did find some information on the Mastercard site.  I believe it's mastercard dot us.  Or just google WEMC.

I actually think that is only a requirement for Visa Signature cards.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.